Match Thread Brentford v Everton. Sun 28th November. 2pm

Everton Man Of The Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a long time ago we were in the top 4 and looking good. We’ve been dropping steadily since then and the injuries are biting. I’ve said it before, if we can’t get to 20 pts by Xmas we’re in big trouble.
We weren't looking good, the footy was crap. We played well v Brighton and in parts v Leeds. Had the quality with the best players firing to get through v S'ton, Burnley, Norwich. Man Utd was a good display.

I can count 2 1/2 good performances all season so far - I'll be kind and add in the entire 2nd half v S'ton so that takes it to 3.

We weren't looking good, the footy was crap. We played well v Brighton and in parts v Leeds. Had the quality with the best players firing to get through v S'ton, Burnley, Norwich. Man Utd was a good display.

I can count 2 1/2 good performances all season so far - I'll be kind and add in the entire 2nd half v S'ton so that takes it to 3.
What I meant was, we all had optimism, we were getting results playing average footy, we thought things could only improve footy-wise. Sadly, that hasn’t happened.

What I meant was, we all had optimism, we were getting results playing average footy, we thought things could only improve footy-wise. Sadly, that hasn’t happened.
fair enough mate

personally I didn't have optimism because I felt it was all based on nothing and as soon as we got done by Villa in the same way we did Burnley I feared for us.

Do our brave lionhearts have the stomach for a fight in what should be an epic clash between two heavyweights of global club football? Yes, I appreciate many of our lionhearts are a bit too keen on the all day English breakfast option at the FF cafe, but I was referencing 'stomach' as a figurative, not a literal. And yes, I am aware that many of our lionhearts are riven by homesickness...Crab and Snail spring to mind but there are many others who present symptoms of missing their mummies... and the pangs of that sadness is felt in their tummies.
In short?...I have a gut feeling that our brave lionhearts will succumb to mighty Brentford. Us Everton supporters will be a little despondent about a 2-0 loss but hopefully the club will release news about progress on the new stadium...so all will be well.

NSNO

Do our brave lionhearts have the stomach for a fight in what should be an epic clash between two heavyweights of global club football? Yes, I appreciate many of our lionhearts are a bit too keen on the all day English breakfast option at the FF cafe, but I was referencing 'stomach' as a figurative, not a literal. And yes, I am aware that many of our lionhearts are riven by homesickness...Crab and Snail spring to mind but there are many others who present symptoms of missing their mummies... and the pangs of that sadness is felt in their tummies.
In short?...I have a gut feeling that our brave lionhearts will succumb to mighty Brentford. Us Everton supporters will be a little despondent about a 2-0 loss but hopefully the club will release news about progress on the new stadium...so all will be well.

NSNO
We will soon have the best stadium in the championship.

Mina out is a massive blow as these will be direct and Keane and Godfrey don't deal with that well. I can see Doucoure being flung in going off what Benitez said today

Delph and Allan is too similar as a midfield two quite slow dms who are short. We need height in a game like this if Doucoure isn't fit Onyango or Gbamin have to start

Status
Not open for further replies.