Match Thread Brentford v Everton - Match Report, MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
United losing at Brentford is a low point in their recent history. Us drawing against them is considered a high point. We're worlds apart. We wont even be within 20 points of United come next summer. But hey, NSNO and all that...
Come on, now.

Today is not going to be considered a high point in our recent history.

A draw at Brentford isn’t a bad result. It needs to be no more than that.

I'd have happily taken a point before the game but after watching that performance I'm worried. We were second best in every aspect except luck and scoreline. Poor defensively, another injury, weak in midfield and poor up front.

It is not considered a high point. It was a battling draw that could have been a win, that’s all.
I take your point but let's be honest: on another day Brentford put 4 or 5 in if they hadn't hit the woodwork everytime. It was comfortable for them and we took our only chance. If any team is feeling disappointed with that result, it's surely Brentford.

2 points dropped there. Keeping 3 up front in hope to shut out shop it ain’t working.
We’d 3 up top the whole game though and I don’t think that was necessarily the problem at the end. For me sitting deep and stopping the press ensured it was back to the walls with no out ball.

Having said that, the desperation for the points was understandably palpable. It’s been a tough start but hopefully a few more signings and we’ll be good to go for Leeds away and beyond.

Our midfield/forwards looked knackered with the amount of chasing they were doing. We had no control in midfield so spent most of our energy trying to defend. We need more control on the ball, we are still cr@p at keeping possession. No out balls were sticking, and our in-game management needs massive improvement.

Apart from that, we're fine...........
You can add regular poor decision making and a reluctance to shoot to that.

We’d 3 up top the whole game though and I don’t think that was necessarily the problem at the end. For me sitting deep and stopping the press ensured it was back to the walls with no out ball.

Having said that, the desperation for the points was understandably palpable. It’s been a tough start but hopefully a few more signings and we’ll be good to go for Leeds away and beyond.
We have to start winning matches. Very disappointed when are 7 mins from picking up 3 points. The subs were wrong and too late.

Live and let live, we are all Evertonians.

Positives, 3 games unbeaten, picked up points in the last 2 Premier League games.
Negatives, need to score more (A striker may solve this) and still conceding even with 5 at the back.

Last season our away form was ? so from that perspective you have to take it don`t you?

EDIT: The last few days of the transfer window is MASSIVE
That’s it, slowly going in the right direction. Once we have a striker it should make us better.. need to be better on the ball still

Status
Not open for further replies.