Breastfeeding Welcome at Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, I guess a lot of mothers won't. For those that do, though, have at it, I say... Society should stop shaming women for doing something very natural and healthy.

Imagine a world where you are naturally provided with a free meals for your child that provides your precious baby with all the nutrients you need, has proven to reduce a whole host of future illnesses fro leukaemia to asthma; but instead society made the decision to pay money and give the new born baby a diet of processed food on questionable quality marketed by unethical pharma companies.
Weird debate on a football forum.

Why did Everton need to 'welcome' it. If a baby needed feeding, the mum would do so anyway. Where could you breastfeed at Goodison that is a safe and clean environment though?

Unless the seats have changed since my last visit, the practicalities of breast feeding in a seat barely big enough for you sandwiched next to others, makes it hardly the safest place to do it. Especially given the reactions by people around you over even the most trivial of incidents.

I can't imagine I'll see anyone openly breastfeeding on the concourse either for similar reasons.

Of course, if a group of militant mums want to disprove me and show they can breastfeed anywhere en masse, then maybe we will.

I always wonder what would happen if people made comments like this in the pub ,

Serious question - would you wade into a conversation in the pub with a comment like that? I’m all for it like, just curious

All seemed light hearted to me

See below.

Well without trying to upset the PC brigade, but if you are breast feeding then perhaps leave the baby at home? Express the milk and give it in bottle form? One thing doing it in a quiet corner of a coffee shop and another surrounded by thousands of men with varying levels of drunkenness.

Why should a breastfeeding mother have to be worried about drunken males when taking care of her child? Nice of you to give your approval for women to do it in a coffee shop but not at a stadium.

Imagine a world where you are naturally provided with a free meals for your child that provides your precious baby with all the nutrients you need, has proven to reduce a whole host of future illnesses fro leukaemia to asthma; but instead society made the decision to pay money and give the new born baby a diet of processed food on questionable quality marketed by unethical pharma companies.
Weird debate on a football forum.

No better than drug dealers. Well that’s basically what they are. An industry that invests in training antinatal nurses to sell the benefits of their formula & pays for contact details of new borns so they can send free packs of their sugar laden sh1te. And we wonder why little Johnny won’t eat Brocolli aged 5 and why we have a childhood obesity crisis & diabete epidemic.

See below.

Why should a breastfeeding mother have to be worried about drunken males when taking care of her child? Nice of you to give your approval for women to do it in a coffee shop but not at a stadium.

Quit being a fanny. I personally don't care where they do it, however there are a lot of village idiots that go to games and it could cause trouble for themselves. Not saying violence but maybe unwanted comments etc. I agree with the sentiment why should they have to worry but unfortunately we don't live in your utopia. (Yet...)

I don't see why its such a big deal? This should be allowed everywhere. Boobs are wonderful, too, just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.