Brands stamps his authority

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so soon after another massive pay out. We'd have to be dancing on the trapdoor for Moshiri to allow Brands to sack Silva.
whose to say we wont be, if Silva can not organise a defence properly, as has been proven in the premier league before with his two failed attempts

You're appalling. Your posting record stinks.

Really? Care to explain what that means? Or are you just going to do your usual trick which is ignore when someone calls you out on your bs and hope someone else will fight your often ludicrous opinions?

Also I find it quite ironic that you think my posting record stinks, when 99% of the people on this forum disagree with most of the things you post as far as I can see.

Lastly you didn't answer my question.

How can he not be the most important decision maker when he has to get the team he wants on the pitch and have them winning?

Most DoFs are DoF because they cant manage.
lol And I’ve heard most air stewardesses are air stewardesses because they can’t fly a plane! Are you seriously making a negative out of a person doing a different job because they have a different skill set?

I'm not unhappy. I'm just underlining the reasonable point that you have to have hierarchy and a recognised number 1 at the head of the playing side of the club. For me that has to be the manager. He's the one who's tasked with getting results.

Make sure to send your concerns straight to Mosh, I'm sure he'll see the error of his ways and reverse course post haste.

Or, maybe for once, cede the point and deal with not knowing everything.

Next time any of us feel like slagging off Kopites for being spoilt, know-nothing armchair experts we should be forced to read this thread end-end three times before acting. It is dismal.

I apologise if I've pissed people off above. I didn't mean to. In fact, I'm happy with Brands as a character - he looks assured and has presence - even if I dont appreciate the role of DoF he carries out (which a is along standing bug bear of mine regardless of whether it's at Everton or not).

I just think it's the correct way forward to have a clear hierarchy at the club with the manager indisputably at the top of the pile and the DoF as a facilitator. We cant afford more turmoil, and that will happen if we have two men trying to steer the ship.

I apologise if I've pissed people off above. I didn't mean to. In fact, I'm happy with Brands as a character - he looks assured and has presence - even if I dont appreciate the role of DoF he carries out (which a is along standing bug bear of mine regardless of whether it's at Everton or not).

I just think it's the correct way forward to have a clear hierarchy at the club with the manager indisputably at the top of the pile and the DoF as a facilitator. We cant afford more turmoil, and that will happen if we have two men trying to steer the ship.

I honestly see it the other way.

We cant keep changing managers and DoFs, infact very few clubs change DoFs, unless they fail big time, see Walsh, Steve.

So unless Brands utterly craps the bed, he will probably outlast Silva.

But your also viewing it the wrong way, its a team, the football club should work as a team, its not about hes in charge or hes in charge, its about working as a team for the benefit of the football club.

As I said, currently Marcel Brands is the most important cog in the wheel, once the season starts Silva will clearly by the most important, but that doesnt mean they wont talk, ask each other for advice or even get advice when its not wanted. You are looking for division when in an ideal world there wont be any.

Brands will scout players, Brands will talk to clubs and Agents, once the season starts his role wont change, Silva will train the players, pick the players and shout at them loudly on a Saturday, Team work.

images

This picture was taken during Brands meeting with Schneiderlin.
Apparently the player was told that we do not tolerate failure in this organization.

We cant keep changing managers and DoFs, infact very few clubs change DoFs, unless they fail big time, see Walsh, Steve.

But your also viewing it the wrong way, its a team, the football club should work as a team, its not about hes in charge or hes in charge, its about working as a team for the benefit of the football club.

As I said, currently Marcel Brands is the most important cog in the wheel, once the season starts Silva will clearly by the most important, but that doesnt mean they wont talk, ask each other for advice or even get advice when its not wanted. You are looking for division when in an ideal world there wont be any.

Brands will scout players, Brands will talk to clubs and Agents, once the season starts his role wont change, Silva will train the players, pick the players and shout at them loudly on a Saturday, Team work.

That will work as long as Brands carries the can for any failures. You cannot have a DOF (or a manager) with all of the responsibilities and yet none of the responsibility.

Although I hope the current management arrangement is successful, both on and off the pitch, I think Brands will be here the longer of the two. He holds the senior role in this structure and will have the greater long term influence on the direction of the club from a footballing perspective. Silva will be judged on the performance of the first team, first and foremost, as it should be. Brands will be judged on giving Silva the environment and implementing a sustainable strategy that allow him success on the pitch. I wish both of them well.

I’ve heard and learned more about how this current arrangement will in one week than I did in two years of Koeman & Walsh with the nadir of that relationship being exposed after the FA Cup defeat by Leicester when Koeman openly criticised Walsh for his failure to provide him with players. Fast forward to that summer of excess and gluttony we then witnessed, we’re still not sure who to blame. Both probably blamed each other in the end as they both lost their jobs.

So, if that’s not how to do it, hopefully we get to see these chosen ones, acquired with this model in mind, work at a much more refined and successful level. Here’s hoping!

It's a work in progress - the division of labour, whatever that might be. We've no experience of this at all so we'll all find out together.

How on earth are you comparing a manager in commerce with a football manager? It's a completely different culture.

dear God man. Life is not unique in any business environment. The universal business principles apply to every walk of life. I suspect that if you cannot understand that,you cannot understand business at all and you should perhaps restrict your comments to something you do understand, quite what that is I have yet to understand.

business is business, regardless of the product. It ain't rocket science.

Status
Not open for further replies.