Brands stamps his authority

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I knew enough about football to do that role. I know enough about business strategy, purpose and direction to be able to explain what and how a corporate structure should operate.

I believe Scottie Road is the up and coming place to live.

So you would agree that big companies work on 3 yr 5 yr and 10 yr plans and tinker with these as they progress.
IMHO Marcel will be given Carte Blanche to do as he pleases to bring Moshiri’s 5yr / 10 yr plan to fruition.
If he messes up he’ll be sacked.
In a similar fashion if a manager messes up he will be sacked by Marcel.

No, you're right. Which is a concern.

In answer at the press conference to a question on WC attendance and activity there:

Silva: "Marcel I think will be a busy man"
Brands: "Perhaps".

Mini-smackdown right there.

...and the fact that Silva was NOT Brands choice in reality makes me even more concerned.
And you know the last bit for definite Dave ???

Well, yes and no. Yes he signed up with Brands and whatever he sees as his role; however he also was pursued way before this more hands on DoF role was in place.

From that p.o.v. it potentially leaves a lot of room for cross wires in the future.
Moshiri would have known for months that Brands was coming in.
I would be fairly certain that Silva knew about Brands and that he was joining when he was first approached.

So you would agree that big companies work on 3 yr 5 yr and 10 yr plans and tinker with these as they progress.
IMHO Marcel will be given Carte Blanche to do as he pleases to bring Moshiri’s 5yr / 10 yr plan to fruition.
If he messes up he’ll be sacked.
In a similar fashion if a manager messes up he will be sacked by Marcel.

Yes i do. sadly football is too short term but this would make business sense.

Brands was first approached in 2016
He was obviously consulted on Silva.
Why did Moshiri spend so long chasing him and was prepared to pay so much to get him.
It’s obvious Brands advised Moshiri on Koeman replacement
You're saying that Brands was consulted on Silva when Silva was still at Olympiacos and Brands was at PSV?! Lol.

You're saying that Brands was consulted on Silva when Silva was still at Olympiacos and Brands was at PSV?! Lol.

He might not have been Brands choice, but he certainly "signed off" on him.

Silva fits the criteria of the manager Brands was looking for, so stop trying to search for divisions for Gods sake.

He is the manager's manager.
Very funny. Over the heads of most it seems.
Just a word of caution, all looks good so far but Netherlands has essentially three teams, it is Scotland but with very flat land. Hope it all works but this is Brands well out of his comfort zone.

Very funny. Over the heads of most it seems.
Just a word of caution, all looks good so far but Netherlands has essentially three teams, it is Scotland but with very flat land. Hope it all works but this is Brands well out of his comfort zone.

He is not out of his comfort zone at all, he’s gone from being a director of football to being a director of football.

I don’t think it matters how bad the Dutch league is in this scenario, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.