Homepage Article Brands Renews Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally think he has underperformed so far but with this long contract lets hope our transfers and squad building gets better.
That all depends on what you think his job actually is.

If it's signing the players the Manager has identified and giving him some cheaper alternatives to consider, then he's done pretty well.

If it's identifying all the players that the Manager is allowed and letting him pick from a short list, then perhaps less so.

Getting players in will be easier for him now with Carlo as a selling point and a load of the dross gone. Start with Aarons and get a good RW in

Wasted a third of the money hes ever been given on Kean and Iwobi.

Signed plenty of players not up to it in Bernard, Gomes, King, Iwobi, and Kean.

Happy days.

Two players that look like they are about to turn into decent profits for us. What a monster!

Another was a free and if they had not bought Gomes after his loan deal for 20 million we would have all been up in arms but rewrite history if you must.

Meh.

So far he's brought in some good and some bad.

It's ending transfer windows lacking in positions that has really bothered me though.

This should be a busy summer for us so I expect opinion on him will sway to the extreme one way or the other. I hope it's for the positive.

So far the job he has done is a very mixed bag, but if we have a settled system in place and we are still revamping our recruitment and youth team departments then he should probably be given the opportunity to see that through.

He needs to massively step up now though.

continuity is important, He's not perfect but more good than bad I would say.

From a continuity perspective at least, this is good. He needs to step it up quite considerably now though I think.

.....ah, that ends the speculation.

i presume Ancelotti was canvassed so I don’t mind at all.
All of these combined are fair enough assessments, I expected more/better from him but as has been said injuries have not helped his cause.

Two players that look like they are about to turn into decent profits for us. What a monster!

Another was a free and if they had not bought Gomes after his loan deal for 20 million we would have all been up in arms but rewrite history if you must.
Done a load for us on the pitch these past 2 seasons.

How many points do we get for a profit?

Also you'd be hard stretched justifying a profit on Bernard when we pay him 120k a week to kick balls at training.

Meh.

So far he's brought in some good and some bad.

It's ending transfer windows lacking in positions that has really bothered me though.

This should be a busy summer for us so I expect opinion on him will sway to the extreme one way or the other. I hope it's for the positive.
We could sign six or seven this summer and still feel we are lacking.

The squad has had that many holes and there is a limit to th finances.

We also started his era with about 50 professional players, we are now down to 27. It’s been a monster task to do that whilst staying in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.