Bradley Lowery

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-38416336

Terminally ill Bradley Lowery receives 250,000 cards

A terminally ill five-year-old boy has received 250,000 Christmas cards from across the world.

A campaign was set up on behalf of Bradley Lowery, of Blackhall Colliery, Hartlepool, after doctors said his neuroblastoma could not be beaten.

Friends had hoped to set a world record for most cards received by one person.

However, Guinness said it did not monitor the category "due to the negative impact" on the postal service.

Envelopes and parcels have been flooding into Sunderland fan Bradley's local community centre with members of the public helping to open the deliveries.

It follows a fundraising campaign in which £700,000 was donated to pay for treatment in the United States.

'Leave a name behind'
After being told by doctors his cancer had grown and treatment would only give him more time, the money will now go towards the Bradley Lowery Foundation which aims to help other youngsters diagnosed with the disease.

His mother Gemma said: "It means Brad is going to leave a little bit of a legacy and that means a lot to us.

"Obviously it's heart-breaking what's happening. He's going to leave a name behind and hopefully help other children who are in the same position."

Family friend Lynne Murphy said: "We're getting cards from all over. It's so overwhelming for his family that everybody is thinking of their little boy.

"Just from the Post Office cards that have come through we've hit 234,000.

"Then in the parcels there are boxes of cards [which will take the total past 250,000].

A Guinness spokeswoman said it was "an amazing achievement for a very special cause", but added the organisation would not verify the record attempt.

C0MubMDWEAA24vq.jpg

a right steal at 20m.

Well something happened yesterday that I never thought would ever happen...

I spent Xmas day in an Everton shirt.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that we had got my 5 year old son an Everton strip for Xmas.
Well unknown to me my amazing wife had also ordered me one, with
'BRADLEY 5' on the back.

Tears when I opened it at 7am, put it straight on and never took it off until bedtime.

It felt so right.

Well something happened yesterday that I never thought would ever happen...

I spent Xmas day in an Everton shirt.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that we had got my 5 year old son an Everton strip for Xmas.
Well unknown to me my amazing wife had also ordered me one, with
'BRADLEY 5' on the back.

Tears when I opened it at 7am, put it straight on and never took it off until bedtime.

It felt so right.

Just glad you got it on time, and spelt right!

Must be a first that. Cheers mate, heres hoping anyrate. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.