Match Thread Bournemouth Vs Everton - FA Cup 5th round - Sat 20th Feb - KO 17:15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Atkinson is a surprise appointment as ref.
He has painted himself into a corner with a number of bad decisions going against us.
I expect him to repay us a debt or two today to get back into our good books before he returns to Goodison again and gets shouted off the pitch.
Just a little conspiracy theory - running around in my head.
This tit for tat business does not appeal to me but that keeps most fans happy.

Up in tebay penrith with my missus & the owner of the pub we are staying in is a blue so me an him are gonna have a pint later watchin the game. coyb

Lovely place Tebay, loads of Blues in Cumbria. Got a mate who lives near Dalton, which is on the West coast side of Cumbria, near to Barrow , watched the game a few times with him in a pub there which was a proper blue pub.

Bournemouth have made a quite sweeping changes in previous FA Cup games if I remember correctly: ten or eleven changes in both games.

Hopefully Eddie Howe once again prioritises their league survival and makes large scale changes, as I'm sure Martinez will field a strong side.

On changes and what he priorities etc, Howe mentioned this to the press earlier this week:

If we do make changes it will be with a view to winning the game and also giving players an opportunity to play.

"Premier League survival is our number-one aim this season but you want to win the cup. It is no good saying you want to get to the fifth round and that's you done.

Hello gang, me again sorry.

So another walk in the park against lower league opposition, Bob wasn't too happy but alas we move on.

Evertons-Ross-Barkley-celebrates-scoring-their-third-goal.jpg

It was noted in the last preview that you all like a short one (Ooh Matron) so I fully intend on keeping this one quite brief too.

Bournemouth, I've been once and all I vaguely remember about the place is it had a Harry Ramsdens, it's sort of like a scruffy Blackpool of the south, without a tower (Use of word scruff to keep the Chico element alive).

1119011_4777add7.jpg

We all remember what happened last time we played them, last minute winner, nope, Everton out Everton-ed themselves that day. The meffs across the park dined out on a picture of some lid in a pair of Lonsdale slip-ons and we all synchronised swore.

Bournemouth-vs-Everton.jpg

To be fair I don't know a lot else more about Bournemouth, I think there's a tank museum down there.

Now on to Everton. What even are we? Just when I thought we were coming good, back to back 3-0 league wins, excited, oh no let's lose at home to Tony Pulis' West Brom. We definitely now have to prioritise the FA Cup, we've got F all else to play for in reality.

Hopefully I'll be bringing you another one of these Speedy Sapie Previews in a few weeks time and hopefully we'll get someone jarg who I know a bit about!!!

Godspeed!
Sapir, Sapie, Sapie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.