Bournemouth Cup Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mademan

Player Valuation: £950k
Bournemouth twice in a week! How about the club arrange some travel (flights) for fans attending the midweek game. Wouldn’t be a huge cost to the club but would be a nice touch.

…and if, you know, your geography. You driving then!?
I know Bournemouth well. Driven from the North West down to there many times with family for holidays. Wouldn't countenance going that far for a weekend though on environmental grounds ... but flying is simply selfish and irresponsible. As if the climate and only planet is worth less than a few hours of a few people's time going to watch a hobby ffs.

Get in a train.

I know Bournemouth well. Driven from the North West down to there many times with family for holidays. Wouldn't countenance going that far for a weekend though on environmental grounds ... but flying is simply selfish and irresponsible. As if the climate and only planet is worth less than a few hours of a few people's time going to watch a hobby ffs.

Get in a train.
Will probably be on strike

Get in a train.
FFS. Do you have a problem with cows farting re the methane? The climate argument is so unbalanced.

FFS. Do you have a problem with cows farting re the methane? The climate argument is so unbalanced.
No I don't, have a problem with cows. I'd rather cause environmental damage eating and staying alive, than unnecessarily burning fuels on a whim.

Befire you dig yourself a hole I'm not arguing on the point of what I learned in the media - I'm a scientist and have been immersed in the science of this for forty years.

The climate argument also has issues with intensive farming methods. Nothing about cows farting means that charting short haul flights to watch a midweek EFL Cup game in the same small country is anything but ridiculous.

No I don't, have a problem with cows. I'd rather cause environmental damage eating and staying alive, than unnecessarily burning fuels on a whim.

Befire you dig yourself a hole I'm not arguing on the point of what I learned in the media - I'm a scientist and have been immersed in the science of this for forty years.

A fortnightly visit to the ‘school of science’ doesn’t make you a scientist sunshine!

Status
Not open for further replies.