Boss Players You Thought Would Be Gash

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikecheese

Member: Team PoP
Probably already been done.

The worst Everton player thread and the other one about who turned out to be gash got me thinking.

Who have we signed that's been boss, but you thought would be gash? Hopefully this doesn't become the James McCarthy thread.

The first two that came to mind were:

Gareth Barry...really didn't understand the loan. Shows how much I know.

Sylvain Distin...totally thought we downgraded from Lescott.

Fuming when we signed Neville, then he turned out to be good for us, but then went back to fuming.
Wasn't impressed when we signed Gibson or Howard.

Oviedo - thought he was dogsh1t every game he played under moyes.
Coleman too - just looked like a yard dog with pace in his first couple of appearances.
Distain - thought he would be past it
Longer back - kev campbell, weir (see distian), and even farther back had doubts about half the signings Kendall (version1) made!

Id be a top top scout me

Can I turn this post into the opposite and say Bakayoko...how damn good was he on FM! OMG he made me cry missing a penalty Vs Sunderland on my 18th birthday in the league cup...crap that was like 15 years ago

Kevin Kilbane, wondered why we'd signed him but one of the few players who gave there all every game and was actually decent in that 03/04 season we finished 17th.

I love Ablett purely because his name pops up when I listen to the commentary of us beating spurs in the Fa semi in '95

Status
Not open for further replies.