Votes: 67 74.4%
  • Bigger Duncan Ferguson

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • Duncan McKenzleydale on toast

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob Latchford all day long. For me, Duncan Ferguson never realised his full potential. Latchford did however play in a much better team and the service he got via Dave Thomas was exceptional.

oh you're a big dunker Tubes and you know it, we all know it

He's the only one I know from seeing play at the time, so he's more of a legend to me, but I can't answer the question objectively. In terms of purely goals and achievement, obviously it's Latchford, but you could argue Dunc was more important and iconic for a lot of Evertonians during his era for very different reasons.

Duncan Ferguson provided some memorable episodes and is more connected with the club these days. Bob Latchford lives in Germany and occasionally makes it over. So I can see how the Premier League era fans might go that way.

But, if you are old enough to remember, Bob is so far in front that you'd need a telescope to see him.

For those who missed, here's a sample:

Does Duncan Ferguson walk on water? I think not.

Thank you for posting that.

You have made my day.

Big Bob.....Saturday Night Fever.....Checkers Club.......no wife or kids........remember the 70s ;)

....oh dear, legend is a significant title and not one to be given lightly. Personally, I think both were fine players but I'm not sure either were legends.
You can be a club legend without being a world class player eggs.Jeff Astle and John Richards spring to mind

How do we rate Big Joe Royle in comparison to Big Bob and Big Dunc?

Personaly I woukd plump for Bob.

But then I am biased :)

BTW....is my memory playing tricks on me or did Big Bob and Big Joe play a few games together before Joe moved on?

How do we rate Big Joe Royle in comparison to Big Bob and Big Dunc?

Personaly I woukd plump for Bob.

But then I am biased :)

BTW....is my memory playing tricks on me or did Big Bob and Big Joe play a few games together before Joe moved on?
Had to check records. Played together in last two games of 73-74. Home vs Utd won 1-0 Lyons scored. Then vs Soton, lost 0-3!!!!
Think they were only games. I think Royle was injured in second half of season.

This might be controversial but I never liked Ferguson that much. He brought the club into disrepute. We can whinge all we like about the way the RS were with Suarez, but this guy got sent to jail and we welcomed him back with a bagpiper onto the field. It just shows what an embarrassment of a club we were under Peter Johnson. Don't get me wrong I loved some of the goals he scored but he was just as likely to get sent off as score, and was rarely fit. He wouldn't rank in my top 20 Everton strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.