Blame The Players Thread

How much of the blame would you give the players for the sacking of Martinez/Koeman and the current

• 0%

• 20%

• 40%

• 50%

• 60%

• 80%

• 100%

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I blame the players slightly more than the managers so went 60%.

I would honestly only keep Kenny, Digne, Mina (I'm undecided as yet), Gomes, Davies, Bernard, Richarlison and possibly Lookman (as his value might rise later on).

These players disgust me but it was managers who brought them here so the blame is fairly equal. We've been a shambles and it's getting worse.

The difference with Silva is, it's his zonal system on set pieces which has completely destroyed confidence, He's got a better squad than the others as he's added decent players and killed them off as well.

40% players have to show some balls but this season in particular is down to that zonal system. They are actually defending better in open play, it's one of the most bizarre things I've seen that hasn't been rectified.

They were. I don't disagree

But they've turned in some real non performances sometimes in recent years as if just not playing for the manager. in my opinion. And I don't like that at all.

I just watched players getting older and not being properly replaced or phased out, which is not their fault...and, in some ways, a testament to them. We tried to ride things out too long in certain areas because we could not afford to properly replace them or buy the right additions we needed in other areas. We've been flying by wire for so long, it's all just come to a head now.

Which ones?

Pretty much everyone other than who Tim mentions here, although I'd lump pot noodle head in with the bad ones

I blame the players slightly more than the managers so went 60%.

I would honestly only keep Kenny, Digne, Mina (I'm undecided as yet), Gomes, Davies, Bernard, Richarlison and possibly Lookman (as his value might rise later on).

These players disgust me but it was managers who brought them here so the blame is fairly equal. We've been a shambles and it's getting worse.

0% - its easier to replace 1 manager than 25 players look at Utd who are massively wealthier than ourselves.

Sadly this has become the narrative in a good portion of the fanbase who seem to get their kicks blaming the players over not being coached effectively well enough.

This is the Premier League - the NFL/NBA of football, the forbes of businesses, the mount everest of mountains. Basically if your manager is unable to coach even the basics such as defending set pieces, unable to motivate and unable to have a plan B when plan A is found out you wont last long.

Sadly the minority yet vocal fans demanding the current clown be kept on for another 12-18 months for more of the same are damaging the club as much as the current ownership unwilling to see him gone.

Sadly the rest of us look more and more likely to have to experience eventually mid table obscurity or relegation just so these idiots can live in their football fantasy world of Silva turning into Jurgen Klopp after a few summer signings.

60/40 on the coach for me. The coach is the one who selects tactics, motivates and coaches, if those things aren't working its on him. Our players are gutless, spineless and leaderless but with a better coach they would be doing better so what does that tell you?

I just watched players getting older and not being properly replaced or phased out, which is not their fault...and, in some ways, a testament to them. We tried to ride things out too long in certain areas because we could not afford to properly replace them or buy the right additions we needed in other areas. We've been flying by wire for so long, it's all just come to a head now.

Yeah possibly. But for me they at least downed tools in Martinez third season. Which ain't on

I'd separate them into 3 groups

(i) Were good in the past but now sadly injuries/age caught up them - Jags, Baines, Coleman, McCarthy etc...

(ii) Hopefully will come good and need to keep/build around - Pickford, Digne, Keane, Lookman, Kenny, Mina, Davies, Bernard, Richarlison,

(iii) Then sell - The rest of em

To me its 100% on the hierarchy at rhe club. The powers that be at this club have created a losers culture of utter cowardice and meal acceptance of mediocrity to fester at the club. They just want us to do enough to survive in the league and make money. That attitude rubs off on everyone associated with the club in a professional capacity. It's created an environment were losing is not only accepted it's shrugged off as a non issue most of the time and nobody is more surprised then everyone at the club when we do fluke a big win.

This attitude is why we can only attract mediocre mercenaries for both manager and players who don't care. Winners wouldn't touch us with a barge pole. The only people we can get are managers/players who have no standards other then money. Once they get paid that silly money its all good, they'll do just enough. Nobody at the club cares when they fail so why should they? The people at the top are very open about not giving a dam so why would anyone lower down the line care? We don't hire managers at Everton football club, we hire pasties to take the fall once every year or so. The players will do the bare minimum to make sure we stay up and keep them on their over inflated wages. The only reason anyone playing for us would try is for professional pride and that's in very short supply at this club these days. Why would any of them love or even care about this club when the people who run the place and playing them hold it in such little regard?

Until the club rids itself of this poisons attitude we'll never get better. All we can do right now is get another crap manager who'll be a shade better then Silva. It's not like that'll be difficult, he just needs to be a good man manager that will be able to appeal to our loser players vanity and a half decent coach that can drill these losers to get basics right game by game. That's the best we can hope for as this stand and it's incredibly grim.:(

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.