Blackpool v Everton, Sat 22nd Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• PATIO.jpg
    PATIO.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 77
A lower league team looking like world beaters.
Against a premier league squad.

Just a pre-season friendly. Such things happen against teams of lower ability.

I remember the start of the campaign when we won the European Cup-Winners Cup. First round v. University College Dublin. 0-0 away. Won 1-0 at home, and crapping ourselves in case they scored an away goal in the last 5 minutes! Probably our best team in modern history on a knife-edge to a team who, at the time, would at best be considered non-League...

I remember the start of the campaign when we won the European Cup-Winners Cup. First round v. University College Dublin. 0-0 away. Won 1-0 at home, and crapping ourselves in case they scored an away goal in the last 5 minutes! Probably our best team in modern history on a knife-edge to a team who, at the time, would at best be considered non-League...
3-0 down v a third tier team inside 25 minutes.
I think that's crap myself ......
And doesn't bode well for this campaign.

All the above is factually correct. However Blackpool must be furious to only get a draw against a team of lower ability, pre-season friendly or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.