Blackpool v Everton, Sat 22nd Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the first ten mins in a preseason kick about with our second team out, hardly the end of the world

For me, pre-season or not, the worrying factor was the lack of focus still looms large - reminded me of Newcastle game a bit. Also Holgate, Digne & Pickford are our first team and it was a concern.

Don't agree re the first goal. If the RS scored that first goal, the media would be showing it for the next 12 months. It was an excellent move, pass, and finish. Just because they are a lower division team doesn't mean they can't play a bit.
Based on that assumption,we shouldn't concede against a lower division team.
Why not? I don't get that.

Don't agree re the first goal. If the RS scored that first goal, the media would be showing it for the next 12 months. It was an excellent move, pass, and finish. Just because they are a lower division team doesn't mean they can't play a bit.
It was a good move but we seemed way off our marks. I suppose this team will be under the microscope all season long.

The depressing thing about the game was not the result but the fact that Everton played just the same
as last season.

Iwobi looked just as deadly and Davies was just as dominating as always. DCL looked
like Robinson Crusoe again and there were no goals from open play.

Oh, and Delph was injured...

Don't get all this nonsense that just because it was a pre-season friendly that it doesn't really matter that we were useless. Why play any friendlies if they don't really matter. What's the point.
Does that performance yesterday help to get our players fit?
Our players should be fighting for without having to play and struggle against a lowly Blackpool side. These players played competitive football only a few weeks back.
If these games are for getting our players fit then why change so much. Play the same 11 for the full match.

Why play players who won't feature much when the season starts for real?
What did Ancelotti really learn yesterday? Has he not twigged on that we are mainly useless. Will he go against Spurs with the same old tried and tested rubbish.
Did he learn anything yesterday?

If we have to play these matches. Then at least have a proper go. Field a team close to what will be starting against Spurs. Give fringe players that just might feature a run out (and not rubbish that we all know won't feature) . Besic....God help us.
And win the match.......grow ......gain some confidence. Start winning football matches. Drawing with Blackpool means nothing. I suggest that we learned and gained nothing yesterday...........zilch......
As for that 22-0 win a few seasons back. We all know that that was a nonsense. Again nothing learnt. I pointless nonsense of a football match.
Did any supporter really revel in that win........I don't think so.

So. Come on Everton......Ancelotti.......Ferguson.......the players.....the toffee lady......everyone .......leta get our act together and win a few bloody football matches. If we have to play friendlies then try and win them.
Get ready with a system in place for this upcoming Spurs match.
Let's rock and roll. Let's start the season flying. And no more nonsense like yesterday...........Up The Toffees. Ancelotti 's (tired already) Toffees.......rant over.

Status
Not open for further replies.