Black Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's football for you. Thought wolves was a good point tbh, and after the pre season we had I've had taken 5 points and being undefeated. Today was hard to take but not the end of the world. The old guard will soon be out and a new, bosser Everton will emerge. We have 3 good home games to get stuck into next, so we should look forward to them and giving some new lads some game time as well.
I thought Wolves was an alright point, their draw against Man City today shows they are good at home. Today was different just a typical Everton cock up. I can't think of many teams that do this to their fans. Look comfortable in the semi final second leg concede 3 goals. Lose against West Ham for 2-0 up and we missed a penalty. Concede a goal after scoring a winner in the 95th minute. Concede an equalizer in the 96th minute against Chelsea. Concede a 95th minute goal to the RS, when they hadn't really troubled all game and today's awful performance. Concede a last minute penalty against United a few years ago. Our players love to make life difficult for our fans they really do.

We have no defence as I see it. I dont see any good enough.

Hard to focus on any one single thing from that game though.

I really think this has to be used as a turning point.

We need to try and galvanise and draw strength form this mini-disaster. The injury and sendings off have to be used like rocket fuel for us.

Character is needed now in bucket loads.

Cant recall a day like this one for years.

Been out have I missed something drawn 2-2 from a 2-0 lead.
Bad injury to one of our players and our star player sent off.

All in all everything you’d expect from Everton.

Get over it it’s only a football match many more important things going on out there.
Need to venture outside once in a while.

Maybe.

Done with it though.

It's a genuine attempt to convey the enormity of that loss for the team - given everyrthing that happened.

As said. I'm out of it.

Honestly I think that’s for the best.

Last edited:
A draw at Wolves with 10 men, who’ve just held the Champions today.

A home win last week.

Today away at a side who had won their opening 2, we lose a man to a daft sending off, and yet still manage to grab a 2-0 lead, they came back at us with nothing to lose and nicked a point. Which most us of would have taken before the game and certainly at 41 minutes in.

The only thing black about today was the horrific looking injury to Keane.

This...

Points wise;

2 away draws and a home win...

Nothing wrong with that!

Players to come into the side...

We have an defensive manager who sorts the defence out but sacrifices attack and we complain.

We have an attacking manager who sorts out an impotent attack but neglects defence and we complain.

A defence of Coleman, Holgate, Keane and Baines with Davies and Gueye in midfield was never gonna keep a clean sheet. Have patience and give him time to sort this out - I trust that he will when he gets the personnel the he wants in the first XI.

Where on earth do you begin with that?

Needless sending off, two goal lead blown by hopeless defending, and one of our players seriously injured.

I cant think of too many more deflating days in the recent past as this one today. Gutting on every single level.

*Delete if necessary mods. I'm just thinking there might be a need for a generic thread that's devoted to this game outside of the football dimension.
I said before the start of the season that the big challenge for Silva will be culturally. Too many of the old guard like an easy path. Rather than kill the game at 0-2 we sit back and invite. It harks back to Moyes and it's drummed into Baines and Jagielka.

Thankfully I don't think either will be starting come the end of the season. But we need fresh leadership that expects us to win and doesn't lie down.

Too much passive leadership on the field.

While I'm pretty gutted at today's events, it's hardly one of the worst day's FFS lol

Look at it this way:

Bournemouth away in recent seasons have been our bogey team
They had won their last 3 games
Last season they had the record for gaining the most number of points from losing positions
We had plenty of shots on goal / on target and showed attacking threat even when down to 10 men against 11
I personally would have taken a draw at the start of the game

Yeah, only drawing having been 2 up is a bummer, missing Richarlison for 3 games will be a pain and Keane's injury didn't look good, but I can think of loads of worse days over the last 4 or 5 seasons

Yes
Where on earth do you begin with that?

Needless sending off, two goal lead blown by hopeless defending, and one of our players seriously injured.

I cant think of too many more deflating days in the recent past as this one today. Gutting on every single level.

*Delete if necessary mods. I'm just thinking there might be a need for a generic thread that's devoted to this game outside of the football dimension.
reminds me of how crap Everton made me feel last season but Keanes injury probably puts it into perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.