Black Friday ; 33 Years Ago Today ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

little curly alan ball

Player Valuation: £70m
Now , I AINT Glorifying The Hoolie Thing , but for those whom know , or are vaguely interested , this was among the Worst Ever Canings taken by the St. Domingo Firm . Hence its Sobriquet .

Me Da' went . So did another Member of this Forum . Im sure he told me earlier there were 100 or so on the Special . Me Mate , Kenny Mc also went an' Ive heard PLENTY of Stories of this day over the years ... PROPER Naughty , btw ...

The Northern ; High Street Ken' ....

Newcastle United ; Good Friday ; 1978 .

Even George Wood was saying " Get into them ...!!! "

So I heard ....

Anyway , there you are . Take it / Leave it , as you will ,.....

was proper naughty bally . had a good 4 to 5 hundred ,it just went off right through the game.and all the way back the station. geordie pricks

I was there that day and i've lost count of the times i've told that story of that day, the ref took the teams off i seem to remember while order was restored

i was there. i think its been hyped up to have been more than it actually was. the Evertonians down the front got on the pitch after a few newcastle grocks kicked off on the terrace after some proper Everton boys jumped some Geordies near the bogs before the match started. i dont remember any big kick-offs going back to the train.

I was there that day and i've lost count of the times i've told that story of that day, the ref took the teams off i seem to remember while order was restored

Tell us again bally, plenty of young'ns here ( including me )

i was there. i think its been hyped up to have been more than it actually was. the Evertonians down the front got on the pitch after a few newcastle grocks kicked off on the terrace after some proper Everton boys jumped some Geordies near the bogs before the match started. i dont remember any big kick-offs going back to the train.

Fair enough , Kid .

I weren't , as I said , Dude ...

It was my first trip to Newcastle and i'd heard all about the place before i even landed there anyway which didn't do much for your nerves but we sat above the Everton fans who were in a pen in the paddock. When it kicked off the Geordies were jumping out of their pen onto the pitch (before fencing was erected) and into the Everton pen. It went off bad from what i can remember and i always remember Terry Darracott and Mike Lyons making some gestures to the Everton fans as if to say get into 'em and as if they were encouraging 'em. Although hooliganism was the culture in those dark days there was only Chelsea and Man Utd i'd seen it but not as bad as that day at St James's park
Tell us again bally, plenty of young'ns here ( including me )

It was my first trip to Newcastle and i'd heard all about the place before i even landed there anyway which didn't do much for your nerves but we sat above the Everton fans who were in a pen in the paddock. When it kicked off the Geordies were jumping out of their pen onto the pitch (before fencing was erected) and into the Everton pen. It went off bad from what i can remember and i always remember Terry Darracott and Mike Lyons making some gestures to the Everton fans as if to say get into 'em and as if they were encouraging 'em. Although hooliganism was the culture in those dark days there was only Chelsea and Man Utd i'd seen it but not as bad as that day at St James's park

Did You go to Chelsea the High St. Ken' ..???

I went - Dans Father ...

Now , THAT WAS SCARY ...

all the way back to the station it went off .what i remember most about the day was they were all older fellers there were no kids kicking off .one of the stewarts on the train .ray spriggs looked after me that day ,nevre wrecking .

IT'S STEWARD.....not stewart, the same as people are named 'Stuart/ Stewart' and not steward (arl fella gets ridiculous amount of b/day cards etc that say 'Steward').

Unless you mean Ed Stewpot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.