Bilyaletdinov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, Naismith is the exception, really.

Most of our not quite there guys (Vic, Heitinga, Jelavic, Duffy, Vellios, Gueye), Martinez has binned and replaced with better players.

He hasn't really rehabiliated anyone but Naismith and, possibly, Howard.

I'd argue Oviedo too

He may not have had much of a chance last season under Moyes, but when he did play Oviedo was thoroughly unimpressive. Been great under Martinez though

What Martinez seems to do is give the player every opportunity to succeed, he will play them in there preferred role if they are not having the best of it in another position, and he seems to have a belief in them too as individuals and as a team.

I'd argue Oviedo too

He may not have had much of a chance last season under Moyes, but when he did play Oviedo was thoroughly unimpressive. Been great under Martinez though

I liked Oviedo last year, if I'm honest.

I think with him, Stones and Barkley, it's not Martinez making them better just giving them a proper chance in the first team, and then taking it with both hands.

Where as with Naismith and Howard they look so much more conifdent and happier and just different, better players under his coaching. Though Howard was getting there at the back end of last year, to be fair.

Last edited:
What Martinez seems to do is give the player every opportunity to succeed, he will play them in there preferred role if they are not having the best of it in another position, and he seems to have a belief in them too as individuals and as a team.

Again Heitinga, Jelavic, Vic, Gueye, Duffy, Vellios.

If he doesn't rate a player he doesn't play them at all and sells them at first opportunity, if he rates them, he'll find a way to play them. There's no reason to think Bily would have the latter and not the former, we'd only find out if he'd still been here.

just stop it now, enough already we sold him for a reason and has proved it was a good decision by floundering in the poor Russian League. I'm tearing my hair out at these ex player threads pack it in please for my sanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.