Should Kenwright step down as chairman?

• yes

Votes: 734 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 82 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m as fed as the next man but I do feel a bit sorry for old Bill.

He’s an Evertonian at the end of the day and we need to remember that, whatever the rights and wrongs.

He did bring in Moyes who delivered our most consistent decent football since the 80’s… not as good but better than the rest of the crap we’ve had.
I think he will remain respected by Evertonians if he agrees his time is up and steps down. Surely if he looked at it objectively, as a fan, he would see it is not working. Having said that, I worry who would replace him because I have no faith in Moshiri's judgement now

He's brought all this hate on himself. The man is an utter embarrassment. The venom that he's facing right now would never of reached this point if he'd just (even once) been held to account for his failings as chairman or at least held his hands up and acknowledged his part in them. But no, honesty and self-reflection are alien concepts to old Bill.

I've said before Kenwright is clinging on for his day in the sun. The ego he carries demands his own version of the Dave Whealan moment at Wembley. Unfortunately for us it grows more likely by the year his reign at Everton will not reach a pinnacle, instead a nadir which will enshrine his place in the history of this club for all the wrong reasons.

I've said before Kenwright is clinging on for his day in the sun. The ego he carries demands his own version of the Dave Whealan moment at Wembley. Unfortunately for us it grows more likely by the year his reign at Everton will not reach a pinnacle, instead a nadir * which will enshrine his place in the history of this club for all the wrong reasons.
nadir * word of the day.

We could have had Sheikh Mansour & been where Man City are, but no. He only wanted someone who would keep him in charge. He brought Moshiri in. It’s been a complete disaster, culminating in where we are today.

Kenwright is the root of all the club’s problems. He is a cancer on the club!

Bang on the money. Anybody still defending Kenwright at this stage should hang their head in shame. Let's be honest, a civil war has finally broken out between Kenwright Loyalists and those who want to see the back of him. I know whose side I am on. Fans should have turned on Ken Billright 15 years ago

That said, still leaves us with Kenwright's legacy which is essentially Moshiri. Downside of that being Moshiri seems to know nothing about football (despite what Kenwright told us) and will not get a Football Man in to run the show. The upside is it's all systems go on the new stadium. Not like what we expected back in February 2016, is it?

Then what difference does showing him the door make ?
It is what should have happened when Moshiri bought the club and paid off all the debts made by Kenwright, I agree it’s a bit late now, but he has well outstayed his welcome. We Evertonians don’t get much to make us happy seeing Billy Boy booted out of the club, deservedly, would give quite a few of us some joy at least.

I've said before Kenwright is clinging on for his day in the sun. The ego he carries demands his own version of the Dave Whealan moment at Wembley. Unfortunately for us it grows more likely by the year his reign at Everton will not reach a pinnacle, instead a nadir which will enshrine his place in the history of this club for all the wrong reasons.
I said to my mate the other day why is he still hanging on, especially when he was confronted by angry fans on Saturday. At that age I'd be living somewhere sunny and enjoying life and my money (if I actually had any).

My mate said it's because of his ego and that he just wants to be centre of attention.

I said to my mate the other day why is he still hanging on, especially when he was confronted by angry fans on Saturday. At that age I'd be living somewhere sunny and enjoying life and my money (if I actually had any).

My mate said it's because of his ego and that he just wants to be centre of attention.

Spot on I reckon he loves all this mayhem half of it directed at him, it makes him feel relevant. Gets all the sympathy votes from the media, mostly his mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.