Should Kenwright step down as chairman?

• yes

Votes: 734 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 82 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving this topic some thought, I tried to imagine what I would do in his shoes.
If, through my incompetence over those amount of years, I was party to the decline of a football institution such as ours, bringing it to the position we are in now, I would fall on my sword and resign.
Especially when the stratospheric rise of our neighbours has reduced us in many person's eyes to an insignificance.
He is the common thread in our nosedive over 27 years

FKNRSOPYRFA2VCPIIEHSANTBFI.jpg

0_Bill-Kenwright-File-Photo.jpg

Can you spot the difference? No, neither can I. At least we're not....

There's just no way to logically defend him at this point. I've tried to see it differently, I've even tried to see it from Kenwrights point of view but no matter how I approach this, no matter what angle I come from I just can't see how anyone could possibly defend him. Absolutely none. Even if his fan club still think he's totally blameless I still can't wrap my head around why they'd still want him associated with the club. It doesn't make any sense?!

I mean, even if he really is just a powerless figurehead watching on helplessly as Moshiri and the other idiots on the stupid squad destroy the club then why has he not taken a stand and spoken out against their mismanagement? If he really loved the club even half as much as claims then surely he'd want to speak out against them? At the very least his silence makes him complicit in the actions of Moshiri and the others.

Regardless of what happens this season, stay up or go down, enough is enough. He has to be hounded from the club. Protests are needed week after week, both home and away until he's gone. Some clowns seriously knocked the protest against Arsenal but the fact is that the only mistake those of us who participated in it made was not following it up the next week, and the one after. We stopped because we feared for the clubs future. We where wrong to stop because the reality is that with Kenwright around, the club has no future beyond the championship and perhaps even worse.

This bloke is the Chairman of EFC. Instead of standing there conducting Spirit of the Blues, and wallowing in the passion of the fans ( who pay to get in, no freeloaders in our seats.), he needs to stand up and defend the club. He should be furious and using his connections to force change and review.he needs to be outspoken and critical .He needs to speak up.

Instead I get the feeling his membership of the old boys club and his reputation as good old quipping Bill is more important to his ego. His desire to be popular at the top tables and his acceptance of unfairness forever damns the club.

The longest period without winning anything in our history, and now we're facing into impending relegation from the top flight.

Where's those lads with the plane, and the thank you Bill banner now? At least we actually won something, when Peter Johnson was chairman.

Status
Not open for further replies.