Bike Facilities at Goodison Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, there are some who are infuriating, but rule breaking is not confined to cyclists, is it? For instance, on one of my usual routes there are a couple of stretches of road with a 20mph speed limit. One is outside a school, the other a hospital. Without fail, on both stretches of road, I get overtaken by several cars despite me cycling at 20mph. Should we have a hissy fit and suggest all of those drivers should be rammed into by a heavy vehicle such that they're injured/killed because they're breaking the law?

It's interesting by the way that you get all wound up by people joking about something that happened in Ireland 150 years ago, but are seemingly fine with people joking about killing cyclists today. Maybe if it was an Irish cyclist killed by a potato you'd feel differently?
Looks like I hit a nerve with was intended as an off the cuff post
I’ll leave it at that as I see you have strong held view on cyclists

Looks like I hit a nerve with was intended as an off the cuff post
I’ll leave it at that as I see you have strong held view on cyclists

At various points during my time cycling, I've been spat on, pushed, threatened with sticks, sworn at, had drinks tipped over me, charged off the road and hit (and hospitalised) by motorists. It's not especially nice, so yes, whilst I do see the way some riders behave and cringe, I do take umbrage when people wish to do physical harm to all cyclists from the comfort of their 1,800kg vehicle. It doesn't take much to be civil, does it?

At various points during my time cycling, I've been spat on, pushed, threatened with sticks, sworn at, had drinks tipped over me, charged off the road and hit (and hospitalised) by motorists. It's not especially nice, so yes, whilst I do see the way some riders behave and cringe, I do take umbrage when people wish to do physical harm to all cyclists from the comfort of their 1,800kg vehicle. It doesn't take much to be civil, does it?

Sounds a lot like my love life

I know a few people cycling and they have never experience that - where do you cycle? Are you the aggressor?

Well from my point of view I always give cyclists plenty of room for 2 reasons
It’s only civil as you say
Some can be unpredictable at times

I always try to give the cyclists room and not get too close, the only problem is when they're out in pairs or groups and they keep overtaking each other when there are cars trying to go past. No issue if they're in single file but some do that deliberately just to cause a stir.

Wait what? Where do you cycle?

For what it's worth bike facilities are a good feat for stadiums. This is a local one to me. Room for 5000 and more if you cross the road.

43-20160901165707.png

Sure, there are some who are infuriating, but rule breaking is not confined to cyclists, is it? For instance, on one of my usual routes there are a couple of stretches of road with a 20mph speed limit. One is outside a school, the other a hospital. Without fail, on both stretches of road, I get overtaken by several cars despite me cycling at 20mph. Should we have a hissy fit and suggest all of those drivers should be rammed into by a heavy vehicle such that they're injured/killed because they're breaking the law?

It's interesting by the way that you get all wound up by people joking about something that happened in Ireland 150 years ago, but are seemingly fine with people joking about killing cyclists today. Maybe if it was an Irish cyclist killed by a potato you'd feel differently?

Hahahahahahaha lollol

Reminds me of the Brass Eye sketch about the lion hunting the zebra to "catch up with it to give it a potato"

Status
Not open for further replies.