Bike Facilities at Goodison Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've ridden to the match once or twice - didn't actually know there was a bike parking area. What is it, just some racks? Think I locked my bike over the railings by the church. I had a steel tank as my pub bike at the time, so wasn't bothered about leaving it anywhere. I'm on something more refined now, so would be less keen to leave it locked to a drainpipe behind the Park End.

It's not something that's going to appeal to the majority of folk but if I lived local I'd want to ride to the match - civilised way to travel.

Also, the club has been very supportive of cycling events for charity, such as Silgo to Goodison so it makes sense for them to support their cycling fanbase.

Much like your worldview by the sound of it.

Have a look at what other clubs are doing, not just in the Premier League, to encourage cycling to matches.

I think you should be able to cycle to the game if you want, but I really can't see it being an enjoyable experience and safe.

The cost and realisation of achieving that?
All I'm asking for is some more bike racks and for them to be clear of obstacles to help all those that cycle to the match.

That's fair enough mate - are all the bike racks that are not obstructed currently full?

Also, the club has been very supportive of cycling events for charity, such as Silgo to Goodison so it makes sense for them to support their cycling fanbase.
I think you should do a sponsored Wheelie event.
See if you can wheelie round the whole ground during half time.
The local lads will join you on their motorbikes and those mountain bikes with the massive tyres.

Status
Not open for further replies.