Bike Facilities at Goodison Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

sobeitjedi

Player Valuation: £750k
Does anyone on here cycle to Goodison?

I'm a season ticket holder and I cycle to every home game. More and more people are cycling to games but there are issues with the bike storage facilities at the Park End, namely there are not enough spaces and those that are there are always blocked by skips, wheelbarrows, fences, vehicles and various equipment. Look on a match day and you'll see what I mean!

As much as it annoys me to say this, when I cycled to an away game at Anfield, I noticed they have a cycle reward program which I thought was to be admired: https://tinyurl.com/efcbike.

The people who went to the match against Huddersfield on Saturday will understand what I mean, the obstacles blocking the spaces were dreadful.

I hope the club can do something in the short term and plan in the longer term for facilities at the new stadium.

I've messaged the fans forum and hope it can be raised at a meeting with the club.

Does anyone on here cycle to Goodison?

I'm a season ticket holder and I cycle to every home game. More and more people are cycling to games but there are issues with the bike storage facilities at the Park End, namely there are not enough spaces and those that are there are always blocked by skips, wheelbarrows, fences, vehicles and various equipment. Look on a match day and you'll see what I mean!

As much as it annoys me to say this, when I cycled to an away game at Anfield, I noticed they have a cycle reward program which I thought was to be admired: https://tinyurl.com/efcbike.

The people who went to the match against Huddersfield on Saturday will understand what I mean, the obstacles blocking the spaces were dreadful.

I hope the club can do something in the short term and plan in the longer term for facilities at the new stadium.

I've messaged the fans forum and hope it can be raised at a meeting with the club.

Hadn't a clue the club offered any bike parking provision.

Any ideas approximately how many currently use it?

Hadn't a clue the club offered any bike parking provision.

Any ideas approximately how many currently use it?

Yes, there are bike spaces against a small building in the car park at the Park End, near to the Bullens Road. I would guess there are about 12 spaces and most are used each match day, the ones that aren't used are because they are blocked by something.

I’m working in Holland at the minute. Worked here loads over the years. Love the place. The provision for cycling puts the UK to complete shame.

Good luck getting some reaction from the club. That is something they should definitely be doing everything they can to encourage. Even if only for the positive press coverage they’d get from it.

Does that fat quim still go to games on his uncle Cyril’s handlebars?

That would be some obstacle!
Don't hear that so much these days
540ba9d5c51d18756863c070b31d256bb1d9000b.gif

Based upon what research?
What sort of numbers would you find an acceptable demand?
Do you really think it would be vastly expensive to implement?

I've had a season ticket for about 15 years and I can genuinely not recall seeing one person cycle to the game.

The stadium has narrow surroundings, and on match days is filled with families, elderly and young - not to mention most groups of people who've had a few beers.

I can't see how it is sensible to try getting people to cycle the game - it's not a necessity, it's more of an enjoyable leisure that doesn't make sense to me to be forced upon a premier league football ground.

Leave your bike at the train station lock up or use public transport / vehicle like everyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.