Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didny say they were the problem et Al, I am saying that if Brands has the remit to have as much control over the club as some suggest, then I would think he would want to revamp the entire coaching/managing staff with people who share his beliefs and footballing philosophies. As for Usworth he has done well at undr 23s but it's a massive difference to then transfer that to the Premier League. In the games he had in as caretaker, we were just as woeful, there was no reaction at all.
If they're not the problem, why should they go? How do you know that they don't share the same beliefs and philosophies? Unsworth is employed at U23 so doing a good job there is his brief, he shouldn't be cleared out because he didn't make a big enough impression in half a dozen games to get the first team job. The fact that these people have not been cleared out indicates that both Brands and SIlva believe that they add value as they have cleared out plenty of others. I'm not sure how you have such insight that they should be sacked whereas the people working with them day in and day out don't seem to think so?

It's an extension of the "Silva out" mantra, it's not working so the answer must be to sack someone and replace them. Could you imagine if businesses took this attitude in all walks of life, results are poor for a few months "just sack him and get someone new in". In every other form of business it is widely accepted that a new leadership team will take 6-12 months to start effecting the performance of their business. Every change of management team not only costs in terms of payouts but in lost effectiveness as new changes are made and the time they take to bed in. Silva and his team need at least this season, and I would not expect a decision any earlier than the middle of next season as to whether it's working or not. UNLESS the wheels completely fall off as in the last weeks of the Martinez and Koeman era's. We are nowhere near that as yet, results are poor but they are close and the team seem to still be on his side.

On top of all of that, these are human beings working hard to do the job they are employed to do. Should we really be so fickle about calling for them to be sacked?

Seeing as we're somewhat of a project with very low expectations, I see Arteta as being worth a punt. He's worked under the best for over two years, also worked under the great Arsene Wenger, and himself was a fantastic footballer who knows Everton inside out. I'd be much more sympathetic towards him if the going got tough than to this con artist Silva.
On that rationale I propose we go for Brian Kidd, as well as having 2 years working "under the best". He worked under Ferguson for years, and has worked with Sven Goran Eriksson and Roberto Mancini, or maybe Paul Clement he worked under Ancellotti for years. Great coach does not = great manager all of the time

Read the subsequent posts...

I will do a synopsis for you, Moyes would have been fired by year two in the current climate and I doubt Ferguson would have made it to 1990 as there were rumours of him going leading up to that, so just think what it would be like now. You hit the ground running or you go home.

And SAF did actually win things with Aberdeen so we shouldn't immediately call them a small club, which is what they have become.
I was replying to your post, not the subsequent posts.

Never mind.

On that rationale I propose we go for Brian Kidd, as well as having 2 years working "under the best". He worked under Ferguson for years, and has worked with Sven Goran Eriksson and Roberto Mancini, or maybe Paul Clement he worked under Ancellotti for years. Great coach does not = great manager all of the time
Correct. However sometimes they deserve a chance. Much more so, I'd argue, then the likes of Silva and Koeman, et al. Horrible gets.

The Arteta shouts in here are crazy. Most didnt want Silva because he’s done nothing of note as a manager, which is true.
Enter Arteta, a man with zero manager experience. We cannot hire someone as a manger based only on him being good for us as a player. 2 years as an assistent to Guardiola doesnt make you the king of football either.

How about we go for a manager with experience with winning things, not another blind punt. If we want Arteta, bring him as an assistent for a few years.

If they're not the problem, why should they go? How do you know that they don't share the same beliefs and philosophies? Unsworth is employed at U23 so doing a good job there is his brief, he shouldn't be cleared out because he didn't make a big enough impression in half a dozen games to get the first team job. The fact that these people have not been cleared out indicates that both Brands and SIlva believe that they add value as they have cleared out plenty of others. I'm not sure how you have such insight that they should be sacked whereas the people working with them day in and day out don't seem to think so?

It's an extension of the "Silva out" mantra, it's not working so the answer must be to sack someone and replace them. Could you imagine if businesses took this attitude in all walks of life, results are poor for a few months "just sack him and get someone new in". In every other form of business it is widely accepted that a new leadership team will take 6-12 months to start effecting the performance of their business. Every change of management team not only costs in terms of payouts but in lost effectiveness as new changes are made and the time they take to bed in. Silva and his team need at least this season, and I would not expect a decision any earlier than the middle of next season as to whether it's working or not. UNLESS the wheels completely fall off as in the last weeks of the Martinez and Koeman era's. We are nowhere near that as yet, results are poor but they are close and the team seem to still be on his side.

On top of all of that, these are human beings working hard to do the job they are employed to do. Should we really be so fickle about calling for them to be sacked?

I wouldn`t worry about it too much mate, as the same people will be calling for the next manager to be sacked at the first sign of a bad patch or proclaiming that they never wanted him in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.