Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me he makes a fair bit of sense. He is very experienced coach who has taken control of teams who are similar in structure and expectations to Everton (Marseille & Bilbao) and done well at both. He also has some experience of the championship and seems to have revitalised that Leeds team. We could do a lot worse than him.

Depends on your definition of doing well. He's got a track record of good starts to a season, fading finishes and then big second season slumps. Couple that with very abrupt walkouts....2 days at Lazio? He's fantastic at some things but is more than capable of ruinous mistakes and is the antithesis of stability.

Coach them according to their individual strengths and weaknesses to be the best player they can be and employ managers who know how to adapt their tactics to get the best out of them. The whole idea of trying to make a young player into something they're not capable of being just to fit in with a grand plan 5 years in the future is incredibly wasteful.

The best teams have managers that can adapt to the strengths of their available players over the years rather than sticking to one tactical plan year in, year out and constantly trying to mould or find players to fit that. Man Utd in 95 sold Kanchelskis, Ince and Hughes. In came Beckham, Butt, Scholes, Neville(s) . Very different players but a manager capable of adapting his tactics to make best use of them.
Exactly- and tactics go in and out of fashion, as do the tactics that are effective in countering them.

Given how many teams are now focusing on tippy tally footy, I think a good team playing long ball could actually be very effective. Look at how it wreaked havoc against Bobby Brown Shoes in Europe

If that's the case then all of the old guard should have gone. If brands is this supposed new mastermind behind Everton, why did he not replace Usworth, Ferguson et al. That is my point. The whole club needs a shake up with a clear identity of what is expected from every team. It will build continuity and gives young players a real sense of hope of getting into the first team as they will have 'their' role drilled into them from an early age. Everybody pulling in the same direction rather than separate teams with differing philosophies in how to play.
On what evidence have you identified Unsworth & Ferguson as the problem. Correct me if I’m wrong but hasn’t Unsworth been consistently successful with the U23 team?

On what evidence have you identified Unsworth & Ferguson as the problem. Correct me if I’m wrong but hasn’t Unsworth been consistently successful with the U23 team?

I didny say they were the problem et Al, I am saying that if Brands has the remit to have as much control over the club as some suggest, then I would think he would want to revamp the entire coaching/managing staff with people who share his beliefs and footballing philosophies. As for Usworth he has done well at undr 23s but it's a massive difference to then transfer that to the Premier League. In the games he had in as caretaker, we were just as woeful, there was no reaction at all.

I didny say they were the problem et Al, I am saying that if Brands has the remit to have as much control over the club as some suggest, then I would think he would want to revamp the entire coaching/managing staff with people who share his beliefs and footballing philosophies. As for Usworth he has done well at undr 23s but it's a massive difference to then transfer that to the Premier League. In the games he had in as caretaker, we were just as woeful, there was no reaction at all.
Unsworth wasn't really given long enough to put his stamp on the team. He took over when the team was awful and I seem to remember them just starting to play well towards the end of his brief spell as caretaker.
I just think we're playing terrible now and with the fact that we only need a few more points for safety, then give him a go.
His teams don't play zonal marking at least and I think that has been one of the biggest flaws in our team this season. The U23's are consistently good under him so given a bit ou time he may be able to turn us around.

I don’t get the flavour of the month shouts. It’s not like he’s been around 5 minutes and burst onto the scene. He’s been around years and done good jobs in several different countries. Not saying I want him in like.

I don’t get the flavour of the month shouts. It’s not like he’s been around 5 minutes and burst onto the scene. He’s been around years and done good jobs in several different countries. Not saying I want him in like.

Flavour of the month possibly because:

• Absolutely blew up with Marseille
  • Left Lazio before he’d even started
  • Failed spectacularly with Lille

He’s a unique manager but he’s very short term and doesn’t exactly scream a project appointment.

Why are we talking about a manager who
Would not come here
Leeds would not let him leave
Moshiri /Brands have never indicated they are interested in
Has won nothing of note
Never stays long at a club
Granted he’s been an inspiration to Pep , Simeone and Poch but they have refined his tactics
This thread should be in world football

Would be a no for me. He's had a decent start but Leeds are starting to fall now and he seems to come with controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.