Bidwell joins Brentford on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alio

They call me Avocado Baby
Brentford have signed defenders Jake Bidwell from Everton and Harlee Dean from Southampton on youth loan deals.

Bidwell is a left-sided 18-year-old and has represented England at age-group level, including Under-19s.

Dean, a 20-year-old central defender, has been a regular in the Saints' under-21s this season but has yet to make a first-team appearance.

Both players will remain at Griffin Park until 8 January.

Bidwell came through Everton's academy and captained their under-18s to the FA Premier Academy League title last term.

He became the youngest Toffees player to feature in a European tie on his first-team debut against BATE Borisov in a 2009 Europa League game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15877993.stm

Brentford have signed defenders Jake Bidwell from Everton and Harlee Dean from Southampton on youth loan deals.

Bidwell is a left-sided 18-year-old and has represented England at age-group level, including Under-19s.

Dean, a 20-year-old central defender, has been a regular in the Saints' under-21s this season but has yet to make a first-team appearance.

Both players will remain at Griffin Park until 8 January.

Bidwell came through Everton's academy and captained their under-18s to the FA Premier Academy League title last term.

He became the youngest Toffees player to feature in a European tie on his first-team debut against BATE Borisov in a 2009 Europa League game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15877993.stm

When i read this i was wondering which Brentford kid are we after.

Seen him play for the youth a couple of times, he looks good, good leader. This experience will hopefully be what he needs to break through into the first team.

I haven't seen our kids play much, but the few times I have Bidwell's struck me as one of the more likely to go on and become a viable first-team option. Hopefully he's given a decent number of games by Brentford and he can start to make Leighton sweat this time next year.

Would be great if he came good so we could focus on other areas and Moyes wont spooge our money (whenever we may have some) on an ageing diverse journeyman defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.