Better off not in Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scruffy

Player Valuation: £225k
With Spurs needing just 3 points to make it mathematically certain that we wont be in Europe next year, I just thought I'd like to knock on the head the myth that playing Thursday-Sunday is detrimental. In our 10 games following European matches we had 4 wins, 2 draws, 4 losses, gaining 47% of the available points. That compares with (currently) 41% of points gained over the whole season. Furthermore, in 3 of the 4 losses we were away - to Man U, Spurs and Arsenal - in 2 of which it was following an away leg. Our record following away legs was the same, 47% of available points ... you can draw your own conclusions. Whether playing in Europe in general (whichever competition) is damaging (from the point of view of squad depth, injuries) is another matter. But I have always said, Thursday-Sunday or Wednesday-Saturday - what's the difference?

Chat Conversation End

With Spurs needing just 3 points to make it mathematically certain that we wont be in Europe next year, I just thought I'd like to knock on the head the myth that playing Thursday-Sunday is detrimental. In our 10 games following European matches we had 4 wins, 2 draws, 4 losses, gaining 47% of the available points. That compares with (currently) 41% of points gained over the whole season. Furthermore, in 3 of the 4 losses we were away - to Man U, Spurs and Arsenal - in 2 of which it was following an away leg. Our record following away legs was the same, 47% of available points ... you can draw your own conclusions. Whether playing in Europe in general (whichever competition) is damaging (from the point of view of squad depth, injuries) is another matter. But I have always said, Thursday-Sunday or Wednesday-Saturday - what's the difference?

Chat Conversation End

Hi mate, welcome to the Forum.

Why don't you introduce yourself here?

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/forums/new-signings.42/

Welcome to GOT

Chat Conversation End

None if you have a significant balance of players who aren't in their sunset years. Plenty if you you are running the equivalent of Evergreens Home for the Aged.

It was something to do with Kone I think.
KoneFTY.jpg

@FTY

The Europa league is nonsense, a lot of us were saying this exactly 12 months ago, if we get stuck in that we will have a terrible season many of us believed, are those that predicted this have been shown to be right.

Too many games unless your a big money club with a big squad.Now if it was a one game knock out competition.

The Europa league is nonsense, a lot of us were saying this exactly 12 months ago, if we get stuck in that we will have a terrible season many of us believed, are those that predicted this have been shown to be right.

Is it really a worse season then we've had in any of the previous 5 years with no europe?

Our derby record is awful this year and was awful before, we didn't win any trophies this year, we didn't win them before, we didn't qualify for thje cl this year and we didn't do that before.

Like what, in actual terms, have we lost?

Is it really a worse season then we've had in any of the previous 5 years with no europe?

Our derby record is awful this year and was awful before, we didn't win any trophies this year, we didn't win them before, we didn't qualify for thje cl this year and we didn't do that before.

Like what, in actual terms, have we lost?
My drew both derbies. I don't think it made a difference and frankly was the only highlight of the season however the stats don't back that view.

Status
Not open for further replies.