2023/24 Beto

DCL is worlds better than Beto from a "modern striker" perspective. Great hold up play, great in the air. Has a good feel for the game.

Beto is what he is. Tonight's goal is the kind of goal where he can thrive. I'm not writing DCL off yet. He will get his.
I've absolutely no idea what type of striker -or how good of one- Beto is because he's not really had much game time. I don't claim to have watched his whole career but the occasional token run out in a blue shirt is hardly enough for me to say what he is or is not.

Dyche is not a manager who likes to change things. He goes with what he knows, and DCL is "tried n tested" in the Prem so he gets the nod over a guy who has never kicked a ball in the toughest, most physical league. It's as simple as that. Typical Dyche thinking. Nothing to do with ability or who is best.

I'd like to see Beto playing a full run of games to see what kind of striker he is and how best to use him. I've seen enough years of what a very average DCL can do (ok all-round play) and what he cannot do (actually score goals), so I'd like to see what Beto can bring. But I doubt he'll ever be anything more than the support act, getting his token ten minute run-outs here and there, because Dyche is not exactly known for mixing things up or taking a risk.

Glad to see the scales being rebalanced on Beto tonight
IMG_6104.jpeg

I've absolutely no idea what type of striker -or how good of one- Beto is because he's not really had much game time. I don't claim to have watched his whole career but the occasional token run out in a blue shirt is hardly enough for me to say what he is or is not.

Dyche is not a manager who likes to change things. He goes with what he knows, and DCL is "tried n tested" in the Prem so he gets the nod over a guy who has never kicked a ball in the toughest, most physical league. It's as simple as that. Typical Dyche thinking. Nothing to do with ability or who is best.

I'd like to see Beto playing a full run of games to see what kind of striker he is and how best to use him. I've seen enough years of what a very average DCL can do (ok all-round play) and what he cannot do (actually score goals), so I'd like to see what Beto can bring. But I doubt he'll ever be anything more than the support act, getting his token ten minute run-outs here and there, because Dyche is not exactly known for mixing things up or taking a risk.
Agree for the most part. Up to Beto to change Dyches mind really. But he’s here to be understudy for DCL and if, or more likely when DCL gets injured. He will have his games and will need to prove he shouldn’t be dropped when DCL returns.

Delighted for him. I am not convinced by him, looks a bit clumsy and doesn’t have a strong control of the ball, however if he can take chances that come his way he is a very useful player.

Dyche admitted himself he andDCL are different profiles, they’re just both big which was probably intentional to help ease either into the team.

The stick he got from some people on here last weekend, mental.

Tonight on its' own doesn't prove he's going to be a great signing, the same way Forest shouldn't have been used by the whingers as proof he's a dud. But what we did see tonight is what he can offer. A big, strong unit who has a bit of pace and loads of hunger, a nightmare for tired defenders.The finish was top-class also, far harder than it looked because of the angle.

I'm confident he'll be a big player for us over the rest of this season.

The stick he got from some people on here last weekend, mental.

Tonight doesn't prove he's going to be a great signing the same way Forest shouldn't have been used as proof he's a dud. But what we did see tonight is what he offers. A big, strong unit who has a bit of pace and loads of hunger. The finish was top-class also, far harder than it looked because of the angle.

I'm confident he'll be a big player for us over the rest of this season.

Only critical because I want whoever plays for us to do well. It’s also out of a fear of “here we go again” situation we have found ourselves too many times in the past so you get cheesed off about getting your hopes up only to be let down time and again.

I was frustrated with the chance he missed and his minimal impact since he’s been here. I don’t want another dud or the club continuing to get players who they can rather than who they need. It’s what we are sadly during this horrible period so I have to accept that.

It’s like with DCL,’I’m not much of a fan of him either but still, want the lad to do well.

And you’re right, he took his goal well tonight given the angle especially