Best LOSING performance you have seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over two legs I can remember us being very good against Feyenoord in the ECWC in 95/96. Same goes for Fiorentina the other year.

Me dad always said we battered West Brom in the 68 Final, was the best he seen that they didnt win. That 3 4 los to United was unreal, pulling back from 0 3, everyone was in shock, ive never heard Goodison so quite as people left, i was speechless.
Battered? I don't think we had a shot on goal in that final. We were awful.

89 Cup final for me was a real gutting experience, pegging them back twice only to be skewered through the heart yet again. 85 final TBF they played inspired and fully deserved the win, but 89 we were all over them and then some.

Totally agree.

STH since 84 so can't go back further than that, but Fiorentina is the one for me. The 3-4 v Man Utd we were dross until Rooney came on at half-time. There were a couple of times we lost in the last few minutes at WHL having played really well, but Fiorentina we gave it everything.

Us 2 RS 3 in September '85.

We were 3 down at half time and chucked the kitchen sink at them in a stirring second half comeback which almost rescued a point.

Wasn't that the game Dogleash scored after about 10 seconds?!!Yeah we absolutely battered them towards the end,should have won,yet again,doh!!!

Wasn't that the game Dogleash scored after about 10 seconds?!!Yeah we absolutely battered them towards the end,should have won,yet again,doh!!!
Yep that was it. We were champions. It was v early in the season. 0-3 down in about 25-30 mins I think but murdered them in second half without managing to force equaliser.

Me dad always said we battered West Brom in the 68 Final, was the best he seen that they didnt win. That 3 4 los to United was unreal, pulling back from 0 3, everyone was in shock, ive never heard Goodison so quite as people left, i was speechless.
We should have won the 68 Cup Final ... totally outplayed them only to concede to a fluke goal by Jeff Astle. Only a few weeks before we had battered them 6 - 2 at the Hawthorns & all hands expected a similar result.

Status
Not open for further replies.