best individual performance you've ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

dholliday

deconstructed rep
inspired by @abelard in the World threads:

Fellaini destroyed Man City from the base of midfield, back when we used to beat them every time, for all the billions. he was like a magnet for their every clearance, and he capped it off by pirouetting like a matador around charging bull Craig Bellamy.

I'd probably rank Fellaini's effort in that game as the best one-off performance i've seen from someone wearing our shirt, regardless of his later (or earlier) form and achievements. It was against world-class opposition too and he bossed all of them the entire match.

Shout out to Arteta vs Fiorentina , Saha vs Blackpool, most games featuring Big Nev, the odd Kanchelskis cup tie...loads of other candidates.

If you had to pick one, what's the best one-off performance you've seen?

inspired by @abelard in the World threads:

I'd probably rank Fellaini's effort in that game as the best one-off performance i've seen from someone wearing our shirt, regardless of his later (or earlier) form and achievements. It was against world-class opposition too and he bossed all of them the entire match.

Shout out to Arteta vs Fiorentina , Saha vs Blackpool, most games featuring Big Nev, the odd Kanchelskis cup tie...loads of other candidates.

If you had to pick one, what's the best one-off performance you've seen?
Met him at a charity do once.

Humble, down to Earth, and VERY funny.

Not an everton player but David Silva was incredible in the 2-0 at Goodison last year

In the non-Everton player against Everton category, Michael Essien for Chelsea in a 0-1 win for them at GP in a midweek game a few years ago - he was utterly outstanding, ran the midfield practically on his own and if memory serves me correctly even had the cheek to bag the winner.

Dunc on shearers debut for the barcodes,then virtually his last hurrah v man u in 2005,unplayable in both games,kanchelskis away at sheff weds,awesome!!

Was the first game of me new season ticket in the Park End, that. I was nine years old. Duncan was an absolute super hero that day. Didn't score but if I remember right he made one, won a penalty which Unsworth converted, and just completely overshadowed the most expensive player in the world wearing his opposite number. This is my pick.

mentioned already but Kanchelskis away against Sheff Wednesday. Also piped those scruffs across the park down with a boss double as well but that was more of a boss team performance.

that Sheffield Wednesday away game, he could have played against anyone and would have destroyed them

Status
Not open for further replies.