Best goal scored against us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tipp blue

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
I hate any goal scored against us, but as football fans I'm sure we can appreciate a great goal, I'd have to say Alan Shearer's volley is in my opinion the best goal we've let in.

Over 60 years ago...Denis Law overhead kick at the Gwladys Street end. I was in the front row of the stand, exact centre,with my uncle, and a cousin from the USA. Cousin was very impressed and thought it happened every week.

Sandy Brown's vs the rs at the Park end....superb diving header..at least it was scored by one of our own.:eek::eek:

Sorry lads and lasses...

Always thought this was absolutely class to be fair. Won them the game at a time when we were having a good run in the league.

My vote also for shearer.

But......

It didn't win the game mate. What won the game was a bellemy shot on the touchline that Richard Wright somehow fumbled into his own goal despite it being harder not to.

My vote also for shearer.

But......

It didn't win the game mate. What won the game was a bellemy shot on the touchline that Richard Wright somehow fumbled into his own goal despite it being harder not to.
Ah yeah you're right, this was the equaliser. Think we were pretty shell shocked after that, we'd generally been very resolute up until that point.

Ah yeah you're right, this was the equaliser. Think we were pretty shell shocked after that, we'd generally been very resolute up until that point.
If I remember right it was coming with the pressure . That goal did change the game entirely though, and quite rightly .

I watched that game as a teenager in the windmill pub over on the beechwood estate . Famous pub for people who know, Charlie landsborough used to play there before he was famous.

Anyway, hardly anyone in there but there was a kopite old fella in hat and scarf and like 50 badges in there watching the game. Very surreal thinking back.

Status
Not open for further replies.