Best goal scored against us (that you remember)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hibbertinho

Player Valuation: £8m
A bit of a self-deprecating exercise - which has probably been done before - so as to not let your bitterness dwindle away unchecked in all this close-season apathy...

What is the best goal you've seen/remember being scored against us?

My youth was basically comprised of MOTD 'goal of the month' montages, all including Peter Clarke's futile, outstretched leg.

This was a good 'un:

Peter Ndlovu for Coventry. Ran from his own box, length of the pitch. I said to my dad "what a great goal" and got a mouthful of abuse from 2 blokes sitting in front of us. I promptly left and didn't go back for ages. It was the beginning of the end for me, with the negative vitriol that comes out of a lot of "modern" fans.

Oops, don't know where that came from. Anyway, it was a cracking goal.

Well there has been world class volleys from Shearer and Van Persie for sure, and most likely Henry too.

It's like we were the canvas for world class strikes, in the same way we now offer some kind of concession for shoite forwards like Goaldado to break their duck against us.

Reactions: emb
Clive Best for West Ham at Goodison Park about 437 years ago.
Clyde Best
brilliant solo run from the halfway line. He dribbled past 6 players and slotted it home. The abuse he got was unreal, every racist chant was hurled at him. but when he scored nearly the whole ground applauded him.

Peter Ndlovu for Coventry. Ran from his own box, length of the pitch. I said to my dad "what a great goal" and got a mouthful of abuse from 2 blokes sitting in front of us. I promptly left and didn't go back for ages. It was the beginning of the end for me, with the negative vitriol that comes out of a lot of "modern" fans.

Oops, don't know where that came from. Anyway, it was a cracking goal.

Ah, the modern 'fan'...............You'll be the example @2:36

Status
Not open for further replies.