Best Foreign (non British/Irish) Signing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have considered Lukaku but for putting in the worst display of his career in that Wembley semi against Man United. He was so, so bad that day :(
I'm sure I saw a YouTube video of Roms 'highlights' that day. Can't seem to find it now.

His touch was the worst that day, and that's saying something. Great chance early on, round the keeper, shoots at an open goal only to see a wheezing Rooney get back and clear.

No disrespect to Watford/Palace (I forget who won the other semi) but that was a trophy lost that day.

(I don't blame him for the pen, that's one of the few things he hit well that day)

As for the thread, Kanchelskis by an absolute mile.

Remember we played Newcastle on a new year type game and out of the blue Andy started on the left .

Noone else wanted to even pass him the ball , it was quite clear. He ended up trying to play up front just to be able to touch the ball .
He got the assist for Yobo that game we won 1-0. Cracking corner, the only decent thing he did for us lol
I wanted to believe so much, but his physical condition was Gazza-bad by the time he arrived here.

Still the only footballer I've ever asked to have a picture with, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.