Best Everton Right/Left Back Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubey

Allardyce Out
Just having a discussion now - I never thought any of the current crop of Everton players would make an all time most talented eleven, but have we actually had a more talented overall right back than Seamus Coleman?

The obvious main competition for that accolade is Gary Stevens but I'm not sure he was actually the better player...

Even more debatable is Baines or Ratcliffe - depends if you rate Ratcliffes pace and defensive ability.

It's pointless comparing modern fullbacks with old ones, in my opinion. The role has transformed and these days they're as much wingers as they are defenders.

Just having a discussion now - I never thought any of the current crop of Everton players would make an all time most talented eleven, but have we actually had a more talented overall right back than Seamus Coleman?

The obvious main competition for that accolade is Gary Stevens but I'm not sure he was actually the better player...

Even more debatable is Baines or Ratcliffe - depends if you rate Ratcliffes pace and defensive ability.

Ratcliffe was a CB wasn't he

Can't compare Rats with Baines FFS - one an attacking full back the other a CB.

Stevens is still better than Coleman, especially defensively, but Seamus is getting better all the time

Sort of, alternated with Van den Hauwe. Guess I should have made that clearer!

Did He? Always thought of him a CB. I loved John Bailey, not is the class as Baines, just thought he was ace. (Probably tinted because he played for Bristol City as well).

YoU honestly don't think Coleman is betteR than Stevens do you lid? NOThing surprises me on here Anymore. There's a MODern thing about everything being the best ever. Don't LADen Coleman with that comparison, Stevens was better without doubt. Coleman could turn out better in time but doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.