Best Everton Captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev50

Player Valuation: £25m
just reading Phil Neville's description of his dream move to Everton in 2005. Like so many significant events for the blues at that time, it took place in SAF's parlour. He said to PNev 'Everton are interested'.
'yeah but I'm not' I said.
But then three days later I'd moved there and had been made captain.'
It just goes to show, dreams can come true.

Y

….too much is made of the captains role. The great sides of 1970 and 1985 had quiet, unassuming captains. They were successful because of the players, not the captains.
Correct as usual @Eggs, but each of those captains had an air of authority about them. They both had charisma and would lead from the front and be a commanding presence, and a perfect example of professionalism.
Plus a very well disguised bit of snide as a side order.

Correct as usual @Eggs, but each of those captains had an air of authority about them. They both had charisma and would lead from the front and be a commanding presence, and a perfect example of professionalism.
Kevin Ratcliffes snide was underestimated.

He would just go through someone and then when the ref was talking to him, he’d just adjust his socks and jog on.

Genuine pace as well.

( Godfrey will hopefully be similar for us )

…everybody in those sides had an air of authority about them. What I love about the ‘85 side is the absolute trust in each other & a determination not to let teammates down. You never saw anybody getting a rollicking in that ‘85 team, there was just a stare if standards skip.

Labone & Radcliffe had total respect and were great ambassadors for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.