Campbell
Ferguson

Nearly men:
Jeffers - left too soon
Rooney - left too soon
Eto - world class but joined too late in career
Gray - massive influence on team
Lukaku - work in progress

Go with that maybe Royle instead of Gray, not for what he did for Everton but you would have to but rooney in there on talent over a carreer .
Couldn't put Royle as never saw him play for us. Remember him playing for Bristol city and Norwich and vaguely Man City. Rooney on talent definitely and he scored a number of memorable goals in a short space of time.
On goals scored and longevity considered cottee but never liked the fact he is a 'hammer'.

Couldn't put Royle as never saw him play for us. Remember him playing for Bristol city and Norwich and vaguely Man City. Rooney on talent definitely and he scored a number of memorable goals in a short space of time.
On goals scored and longevity considered cottee but never liked the fact he is a 'hammer'.
Could never fully take to cottee myself for some reason , sooner have Heath than him, Royle was very good , got a back injury and we got shut to quick , nice fella as well used to have him up the wall for autographs when i was a kid, dont know if he lived in norris green or family but he was always up there when i lived that way for a few years as a kid, never once refused and always a smile for us.

1. Lineker. 2. Lukaku. 3. Sharpe. 4. Cottee. 5. Yakubu/Gray

Yak could finish with the best of 'em and Andy was a hell of a header(er) and grafter. Can't choose for 5th. Cottee could have been better in a better side and the top 3 are self explanatory. Lineker edges it because that guy was lightning quick and clinical. Love Dunc of course, but not our best striker. Rooney was ace but did all his best work elsewhere. Not old enough for anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.