Bernard is a 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is gonna take the central spot off Gylfi, it'd be Iwobi.

But people need to stop saying Gylfi is played as a 10. He isn't. He's played as a second striker.

Gylfi was crap yesterday, but the fact he's not dropping into midfield isn't on him. Silva wants him to play as a second striker. It means one of our midfielders needs to drive on and plug that gap. They don't do that.

I want to see similar personnel, formation and style to what and how we played on Saturday, but when not in wind that nullified every decent attempt at a long pass, just to see how the plan should actually look.
Kean in
Gbamin in
Iwobi to wait another game.

Worth a go at times or Iwobi. Or even better try 433. Bored to death of 4231 which becomes 451. Look at this mess

A perfect example of how Sigurdsson hides from play rather than look to make it.

We either need someone in that position who creates play, or we need one the centre mids to step 10-15 yards forward and do it for him and allow him to be a second striker. Gomes had to drop deeper yesterday because we lack Gana - normally, he'd be the one doing that job.

But people need to stop saying Gylfi is played as a 10. He isn't. He's played as a second striker.

Gylfi was crap yesterday, but the fact he's not dropping into midfield isn't on him. Silva wants him to play as a second striker. It means one of our midfielders needs to drive on and plug that gap. They don't do that.

Been saying this since we signed him and people said he was "replacing Ross Barkley" and "he's a playmaker".

Spot on.

But if he played 433, then he wouldn’t have the split striker. So it makes you think is it the only way he can accommodate siggurdsson. And get him up the pitch as he comes across quite slow.

I agree about iwobi, I didn’t watch the African cup of nations, but apparently that’s where he played and played very well by all accounts. Again this is what I’ve read, so I’m not sure how true this is.

He would definitely give you more power, pace abs drive from the middle of the pitch.

But he is a playmaker.

Hes central to everything we do as a team or dont, as per yesterday, he makes us tick.

He's not.

This is Sigurdsson at his best.

Note the second goal in particular. He doesn't demand the ball off Gana, as a playmaker would do. Instead, he's perfectly happy to let play progress and come on to the ball from behind.

He's a second striker. You can count the amount of times he's 'made play' at Everton on one hand.

Most teams play someone as a second striker. What people think a number 10 is doesn't exist really anymore. Playmakers sit deeper. They don't play off a forward.

Your #10, second striker, call it what you like, needs to be able to score regularly. That's why it should be Siguurdson. Bernard would be the wrong option because he offers next to no goal threat. The deeper midfielders need to create more too. It's as much their fault as Siguurdson.

I don’t think there’s a single thing anyone can say to me that would make me think dropping someone who can actually score goals from a team that really struggles to score goals is a good idea.

Maybe for this season, but we won’t challenge the top 4 with siggurdsson. So it’s up to silva to bring more goals into the team. Abs let’s be honest that shouldn’t be hard. Last season. Bernard 1, Walcott 3? Lookman 1? And DCL 6? Tosun ?( wasn’t many) obviously I’m guessing on some of them. But from our attacking 7 players in and around the team, for 5 of them to get less than 20 goals combined is shocking.

Most teams play someone as a second striker. What people think a number 10 is doesn't exist really anymore. Playmakers sit deeper. They don't play off a forward.

Your #10, second striker, call it what you like, needs to be able to score regularly. That's why it should be Siguurdson. Bernard would be the wrong option because he offers next to no goal threat. The deeper midfielders need to create more too. It's as much their fault as Siguurdson.

People saying hes not a 10 and calling him a second striker, mans dont even know what a number 10 is.

Status
Not open for further replies.