2018/19 Beni Baningime

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's rubbish, just like his mate Tom Davies who had a good game against Manchester City two(!) years ago and hasn't done a single thing since.

Both of them. Bin. In the.

He went on loan to Wigan, played once or twice, not been in the matchday squad since. No mention of an injury from Wigan so possibly just not in favour.

I read some people said let’s play him instead of Gana a couple of months ago.

Perhaps Silva isn't picking Beni because right now he's not matching the likes of Gana, Gomes, Morgan and Davies - people forget he's still a young player.

That's not a criticism of him at all as he did perform relatively well when he was forced into the squad last season, but he never set the world alight.

I see the overall furore over Beni as the typical Everton response: young players are boss and should be world beater. Realistically, he's still developing.

But, but, but... the kids are boss and it works on FIFA.
on a serious note.
Fergusons class of 92 were supposedly a team of young players who won the league.
In reality it was quite different.
When they first broke through only scholes played in the spine of the team.
G Neville played RB
Beckham played RW,
Giggs played left wing
A spine of Schmechiel , Bruce Pallister, Cantona and whoever was upfront (HUGHES I THINK ) carried the team
Butt and Phil Neville played infrequently and the others were sold.
so you wont win a lot win a team full of young players

on a serious note.
Fergusons class of 92 were supposedly a team of young players who won the league.
In reality it was quite different.
When they first broke through only scholes played in the spine of the team.
G Neville played RB
Beckham played RW,
Giggs played left wing
A spine of Schmechiel , Bruce Pallister, Cantona and whoever was upfront (HUGHES I THINK ) carried the team
Butt and Phil Neville played infrequently and the others were sold.
so you wont win a lot win a team full of young players

I remember someone asking Scholes this and attempting to put down Hansen thinking he would. Scholes was actually quite measured and said Hansen was right and it was down to Cantona and Schmeichel that they won the league that season.

Wasn’t there rumours his head started to swell a bit after being on the fringes last year?

Anyway here’s a great read with hindsight

It's a rather odd article, where there seems to be a fair bit of anger but much of it completely uncalled for and at best misplaced.

I quite liked Beni, he is tidy on the ball and in the derby game in particular last season he did quite well. However I'm not sure what qualifies Beni to be seen as being better than either Dowell or Holgate for example? Powell regularly runs the game for the national teams under 21's and Holgate has been arguably the best right back in the championship since his move and has had some stand out performances (as well as some poorer ones). It's untrue to suggest Baningime has done more in his 2 appearances than they have.

I'd also add in to this that it's not (in all likelihood) Evertons fault he had to wait until the last day to get a loan move. The reality is clubs would not have been very keen on him and didn't want to take him.

He did well when Unsworth took over but we were flailing at that point, so it's a low bar to be measured too.

I'm by no means writing the lad off, but Schneiderlin (who can't get a look in) played in the derby and nullified Liverpool's midfield. Thats the level he needs to be at. There will be some questions as to whether he can get there.

Lad on there saying we could have a midfield of Beni , Vlasic and Davies
I thought Zat was bad
Holy crap that midfield would get destroyed week in week out in the PL
The best part is where he blames Silva for binning off Klaasen as if he wasn’t turbo gash. He’s made 3 assists in the glacially paced bundesliga and that’s apparently great.

Status
Not open for further replies.