Benfica striker Oscar Cardozo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Everton boss David Moyes spies on Benfica striker Oscar Cardozo while in Portugal | Mail Online

Everton boss David Moyes spies on Benfica striker Oscar Cardozo while in Portugal

Everton manager David Moyes is interested in Benfica’s Paraguayan international striker Oscar Cardozo.

Moyes was at Benfica’s Stadium of Light Stadium in Lisbon on Saturday to see 6ft 4ins Cardozo score the winning goal from a penalty in a 1-0 league win against Belenenses.

Cardozo, 26, has also been linked with Aston Villa, Tottenham and Blackburn.

Moyes was also in Portugal to see UEFA Cup opponents Sporting draw 0-0 at Pacos de Ferreira on the same day, but took advantage of the opportunity to watch Cardozo.

Think hed be a great signing, hes good in the air, a good finisher and he scores from freekicks. Hes got a pretty good scoring record for benfica although not so good for paraguay.
He cost them something like 11million euros though so theyll surely be wanting more than that.

Sounds like Moyes just went to see if Benfica are any better for when we beat them in the final, an that Journo just guessed Moyes is after the striker.

I'm guessing he went primarily to see Sporting, then went to see Benfica to see what they were like, not the other way round as the journalist put it. Just spreading gossip basically.

Why do the words six foot four, and hoof ball concern me? :oops:

dont know. Cause if we are gonna play long balls up field like we do now anyway with short asses up there we will be better off doing it with tall strikers up there to actually win the headers.

Posted via Mobile Device

I always wonder how the papers know he went to watch a specific player being that there are 22 + in any one game.

Apprently we're after a dutch winger and a left back from the German league as well. All bbc transfer rumours this morning - take that City!

Status
Not open for further replies.