2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concern is he never gets that 5% back.

Would be typical Everton though I mean how many players of ours have been ruined by an inury of some kind?

McCarthy/Coleman/Oviedo - broken leg
Gomes - broken ankle
Bolasie - ruptured knee ligament
Gbamin - all sorts
Toshun - 2x ACL's

A lot of money tied up in those players regardless of how good or bad of a player they were beforehand.

If you chuck Godfrey in that due to COVID its unbelievable bad luck.

I’d say that’s about average for every club tbh. And Gomes wasn’t ruined by the injury, he was always too slow for the league.

Godfrey though, yeah he’s gone from the legit fastest player in the Prem to very average. He’s not a great footballer so he really does need that physical advantage.

I’d say that’s about average for every club tbh. And Gomes wasn’t ruined by the injury, he was always too slow for the league.

Godfrey though, yeah he’s gone from the legit fastest player in the Prem to very average. He’s not a great footballer so he really does need that physical advantage.

The only positive is that he's been back from Covid around 3 weeks so naturally he may just be tired from likely resting to full on footie as think he's played 4 games in 2 weeks.

Fingers crossed after the international break he starts getting his pace/energy back.

Benetiz is getting Godfrey wrong at the moment

Probably the best thing last season was watching him play with Digne
It wasn't so much the football they played, it was the attitude, determination, passion they bring, concentrated in an area of the pitch.
Godfrey brought something to the team that really only Digne had been showing, it was liberating.

Why would separate them, for Godfrey's sake!

Maybe Benetiz thinks he doesn't have a choice but to play Godfrey at RB

Godfrey, Mina, Keane, Coleman (Kenny) is weak defensively (pace) on the right
but less so if playing Doucs as RM and Townsend as RW, that shores things up.

Been thinking the solution lies in Digne as a LCM..

One of Godfrey's best attributes is coming off the defensive line and breaking down [Poor language removed]. Keane is woeful at this.
Godfrey would have more of a license to do this with Digne, who knows how to sweep and loop behind

And Godfrey wouldn't need to overlap as a traditional LB as much with Digne there.
A flat four with Digne and Doucs in front looks much stronger.
Better than 5 at the back.

And it may solve the defensive worries of Iwobi's lack of pace and reaction
Against Manu -
Iwobi, Gray, Townsend
Digne, Alan, Doucs
Godfrey, Mina, Keane, Coleman

With a front 3 of Richarlison, DCL and Gray to come.

….we won a title with Van den Hauwe playing almost a full season at CB, what a class act he was.
Screenshot_20210925-060332_Google.jpg

Just ordered this.

And just found out he plays in a 5 a side league me lads in ....top bloke .

Great if Ben turns out like him.

Zats talking rubbish as per, Ben is a long way from the player we seen last season
He is getting outmuscled by everyone, outpaced by everyone and falling over on penalties. As you said he is not nearly the player he was last season and clearly suffering from the after-effects of Covid.

I’m understanding of the why he has been poor, but lets make no mistake- Godfrey has been turd and I love the guy. He has to get fit.

Hes not one of our best 2 centre backs so he should not be playing centre half regularly.

Keane would struggle to navigate a flight of stairs.

Once Godfrey is match fit he'll take Keane's place...then Branthwaite will leapfrog Keane.

Then Keane will be sold with Godfrey in the world cup squad and all will be well in the world

Keane would struggle to navigate a flight of stairs.

Once Godfrey is match fit he'll take Keane's place...then Branthwaite will leapfrog Keane.

Then Keane will be sold with Godfrey in the world cup squad and all will be well in the world
Please Zat stop

Godfrey has been all over the place this season. You can keep going on about it but he doesnt deserve to play centre half.

Its not about individuals. Its about finding a pair. The pair who played yesterday are by far the best pairing.

Please Zat stop

Godfrey has been all over the place this season. You can keep going on about it but he doesnt deserve to play centre half.

Its not about individuals. Its about finding a pair. The pair who played yesterday are by far the best pairing.

Godfrey has had covid. His fitness level looks to be improving every week.

Its not like hes suddenly lost his pace is it? Theres a reason for it and the signs point to covid recovery.

Benitez seems to be getting Godfrey (and Rondon) match fit.

Once Godfrey is match fit + Coleman is back then he will be playing centre back.

I dont think Benitez would be daft enough to play Keane at right back, or over Godfrey at centre back.

If you believe Micheal Keane is a good centre back then you must have missed his errors and nerves in every game this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.