2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that can be ironed out as the weeks go by.
Rubbish. You can’t teach attacking instinct. Hubert tried that his entire career and he retired as a rubbish attacking right back.

Godfrey defensive work can be improved but his unwillingness to be positive when going forward is a pain to watch. Zero dribbling abilities, can’t run with the ball. How can he be an attacking fullback?

Rubbish. You can’t teach attacking instinct. Hubert tried that his entire career and he retired as a rubbish attacking right back.

Godfrey defensive work can be improved but his unwillingness to be positive when going forward is a pain to watch. Zero dribbling abilities, can’t run with the ball. How can he be an attacking fullback?
Leave Tommy Hubert alone

….he’ll do a job as cover on both sides but he lacks the composure & quality in possession to be a full-back. He’s rapid but wingers will often stand a full back up and thats when Godfrey is vulnerable to run past.

I’m happy that Benitez is selecting him.

He will become a good defensive fullback but my worry is when we play teams who we need to break down he isn’t driving into space rather turns and plays it back which is natural to him being a centre back.

You think I advocate him being an attacking FB, that's where your problem begins.

Still struggling with fitness to me. Losing all the 50-50’s he woulda won last year. Getting outmuscled which is uncharacteristic of him
He had covid, so that could be the result of him struggling. I watched him in the warm up and he was gasping. Hopefully he improves over next few weeks

I have faith that he finds his pace & strength back to the levels we saw last season but i also think it could take quite some time. He has to play though to get there. Not a right back & especially not with covid lungs.

I thought he struggled first half but was better second half, chucked a decent cross in.

I think he still needs to work on his positional awareness to be a top centre back but I am happy with him at full back. Hopefully the composure and confidence will come with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.