Transfer Rumour Ben Brereton Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually not when you take into consideration every season and not just last year. 22 in 38 was very good, but the year before it was 7 in 40 and in the 40 before that it was just 2.

He's spent his entire senior career in the Championship and overall his average is less than 1 in 4. Of course there's his age and a bad knee injury he had to take into consideration but for me he'd be a big gamble.
It was claimed that he became another player after the call-up from Chile.

It's actually not when you take into consideration every season and not just last year. 22 in 38 was very good, but the year before it was 7 in 40 and in the 40 before that it was just 2.

He's spent his entire senior career in the Championship and overall his average is less than 1 in 4. Of course there's his age and a bad knee injury he had to take into consideration but for me he'd be a big gamble.
I think his age is a mitigating factor ... only coming into his own now .... Worth the gamble I would think

He is still only 23. Not every player is the finished article at 21 or 22.

I'd say it's a pretty normal trajectory for somebody as young as him. Scoring 22 in the Championship at 22 is pretty decent and if we can get him for under £15m that's a good price IMO.

love his story but he seems quite emotional

our fanbase will slaughter him if he joins and fails to live up to standards

He was six foot two inches tall and when he jumped for the ball he was six foot two and a half inches tall and that said quite a bit more about him!!

i remember going down to an away game at QPR. Front two that day. Brett angell and stuart barlow.

Won though. I was right in line of hinchcliffes free kick behind the goal in the 90th min.

Sh!te team. Great away day out though.

My mate whose a rovers ST holder said the same thing. Had a purple patch at the beginning of last season which was unlike anything he’d produced before.

My mate whose a rovers ST holder said the same thing. Had a purple patch at the beginning of last season which was unlike anything he’d produced before.
nikicajelavic_20120428.jpg

He could be just a striker who is blossoming now he's well into his 20s, but likewise he could have just had a really good few months like DCL had under Ancelotti, or Jelavic under Moyes. It's hard to tell.

Throwing him in our starting line-up and expecting him deliver us goals right from the off is not realistic when you go off his records. We need who is proven at this level.

Last edited:
He could be just a striker who is blossoming now he's well into his 20s, but likewise he could have just had a really good few months like DCL had under Ancelotti, or Jelavic under Moyes. It's hard to tell.

Throwing him in our starting line-up and expecting him deliver us goals right from the off is not realistic when you go off his records. We need who is proven at this level.
My mate says he puts a shift in and is strong on the ball, but thinks he lacks the necessary guile to unlock PL defences with his movement and general play. Like I’ve said previously in this thread, maybe that is why there has been so little interest from other PL clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.