BBC2 now

Status
Not open for further replies.
The replay on now.
Funny just how little you remember about games, in this instance how we'd had two identical good headers by Gray disallowed. And how in the replay we'd scored off the cross bar but the ref decided it wasn't over the line. On the other hand I have never forgotten the celebrations when Sharp scored (just) with the penalty that won the game.

Watching our games from this era again you remember how fast the team moved around after playing a pass, how determined every tackle was, and how alot of what we did was done automatically. Brilliant.

I love looking back. That was just when I was showing interest. Oh the kits in them days.

Great,great days to be a blue.
Indeed. Brings a lump to the throat just thinking about them. And while it's only right to point to the importance of Heysel in our subsequent fall from grace, we shouldn't forget that our lack of foresight at Board level meant that although we'd played a major role in instigating the move to a Premier League we then failed to adjust our outlook to what was then always going to be a very different, much more commercial and intense environment.

Indeed. Brings a lump to the throat just thinking about them. And while it's only right to point to the importance of Heysel in our subsequent fall from grace, we shouldn't forget that our lack of foresight at Board level meant that although we'd played a major role in instigating the move to a Premier League we then failed to adjust our outlook to what was then always going to be a very different, much more commercial and intense environment.
Yeah,Old Mr Whippy Carter has a lot to answer for IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.