BBC podcast on last season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listened to one episode, the one around January time when headlock-gate happened. It's pretty fair tbh.

A bit of guff in there as well like, talking to a female player about how she's settling in and also to the Finch Farm receptionist who feels "like a mum to everyone". Arsed?

Listened to one episode, the one around January time when headlock-gate happened. It's pretty fair tbh.

A bit of guff in there as well like, talking to a female player about how she's settling in and also to the Finch Farm receptionist who feels "like a mum to everyone". Arsed?
Now if I'd have said that there would be one or two unctuous pecksniffs on here screaming misogynist at me just to demonstrate to the world how superior their social awareness is. Where are they now?

On the BBC article;

... I'd have liked to have seen fan comment. Not anonymous fan quotes that feels kneejerk.

Also disappointed to hear Colin Chong defending the previous boards self preservation antics.

On the podcast, interim CEO Colin Chong reveals: "It was hard for the board members.

"Some of the criticism received was unnecessary and probably inaccurate. The board stayed away from some of the matches because of a threat to their safety and spectators saw their absence as something else, when it wasn't.

"We had some threats made on social media, there were some harsh letters that came into the club. It was certainly not the majority of Evertonians but, as soon as somebody sends in a threat, it has to be taken seriously.

"Spectators or Evertonians' perceptions of why the board were prevented from coming to football matches, they will have seen that as a personal affront, but it was never intended to be that way.

"It was purely about security of individuals and any statement that came out of the club was never directed at the majority of spectators, it was just those one or two individuals who probably take things more seriously than others."

I'd like to ask

What criticism was unnecessary?
What was 'probably' inaccurate?
Why weren't the threats reported?
Why was a statement necessary? And why the timing?
You say now, it wasn't the majority and it was "one or two individuals" and In the same sentence you defend this statement and the timing of it?

It was desperate self preservation, as Ian Wright and other neutral pundits called.

Until this point I've been impressed with Colin Chong but those comments have irked me.

... and again, let's get it right - there's no obligation for the board to attend any fixture. To release this statement and to influence pundits as they did, when they did, was entirely self preservation to undermine fans.

Leading pundits spoke of how they were approached to undermine fans.

We can't be having the club maintain that charade and continue, today, to point fingers at fans who are so 'credibly' dangerous that club employees simply can not attend fixtures.

I listened to the first two episodes while out running . It’s interesting in that it’s our club and events we all remember well , fair and balanced , good background stuff on Everton employees we don’t usually hear about , and reinforces our identity I thought. I’m not sure I would find time at home to listen to it , but will try to listen to the rest, even though it’s painful at times.

I listened to the first two episodes while out running . It’s interesting in that it’s our club and events we all remember well , fair and balanced , good background stuff on Everton employees we don’t usually hear about , and reinforces our identity I thought. I’m not sure I would find time at home to listen to it , but will try to listen to the rest, even though it’s painful at times.

Yeah well I listened to the first two episodes while eating a curry in bed

Only started listening up to episode 2, good listening, but it also highlights what a shambles the club is.

It is also a shame it didn't work out for Frank as the whole club seemed to be behind him, even the kit man Jimmy who has seen a lot of managers including the great Howard Kendall, seemed to really like Frank.

The headlock incident as well is just the final straw for this board

Started listening today. It's just n8ce to hear something about the club in the mainstream media, even if it is shoved into the backwaters of the bbc.

On the BBC article;

[/URL]

... I'd have liked to have seen fan comment. Not anonymous fan quotes that feels kneejerk.

Also disappointed to hear Colin Chong defending the previous boards self preservation antics.

I'd like to ask

What criticism was unnecessary?
What was 'probably' inaccurate?
Why weren't the threats reported?
Why was a statement necessary? And why the timing?
You say now, it wasn't the majority and it was "one or two individuals" and In the same sentence you defend this statement and the timing of it?

It was desperate self preservation, as Ian Wright and other neutral pundits called.

Until this point I've been impressed with Colin Chong but those comments have irked me.

Outed himself as another Kenwright arse-lick. Add his name to the list people this club needs to get shut of.

Status
Not open for further replies.