Battle of the "Nearly men"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aberblue

Player Valuation: £20m
Both Gordon Lee and David Moyes went agonisingly close to winning trophies with Everton, but neither quite managed to pick up silverware. How would their teams have fared against each other?

I've picked a "best of Lee" side V a "best of Moyes" XI. The only stipulation is that any player chosen must have played a minimum of 20 games for Everton under the named manager.

Gordon Lee:

George Wood; John Gidman, Colin Todd, Ken McNaught Mike Pejic; Bryan Hamilton, Martin Dobson, Andy King; Dave Thomas, Bob Latchford, Duncan McKenzie

David Moyes:

Nigel Martyn; Seamus Coleman, Phil Jagielka, Joleon Lescott Leighton Baines; Mikael Arteta, Tim Cahill, Steven Pienaar; Wayne Rooney; Andy Johnson, Duncan Ferguson.

Who would you fancy?

Both Gordon Lee and David Moyes went agonisingly close to winning trophies with Everton, but neither quite managed to pick up silverware. How would their teams have fared against each other?

I've picked a "best of Lee" side V a "best of Moyes" XI. The only stipulation is that any player chosen must have played a minimum of 20 games for Everton under the named manager.

Gordon Lee:

George Wood; John Gidman, Colin Todd, Ken McNaught Mike Pejic; Bryan Hamilton, Martin Dobson, Andy King; Dave Thomas, Bob Latchford, Duncan McKenzie

David Moyes:

Nigel Martyn; Seamus Coleman, Phil Jagielka, Joleon Lescott Leighton Baines; Mikael Arteta, Tim Cahill, Steven Pienaar; Wayne Rooney; Andy Johnson, Duncan Ferguson.

Who would you fancy?
lol lol lol

An early goal up in a cup final we went onto be outclassed in.

I wasn’t around for the Lee era, but Moyes 07-09 squad was good quality, and I’d have fancied us to win the Europa league had we not gone out on penalties to Fiorentina.

Having a strong defence, a solid midfield, along with the pace of Johnson and the finishing of the Yak upfront made for a strong side. The strongest Everton side of this millennium, imo.

Gordon Lee:

David Moyes:

Who would you fancy?
Olly Olly Olly with your balls in a trolley and your di*k tied up with a string.
Sitting on the grass with a bottle of bass,
Singing Andy is our King.

We would have won the league under Lee if we didnt play Carlisle twice.

I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.