Banners

Banners at Goodison

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not banner related but similar!anyone recall a semi final at villa park?around the the time of the inflatable banana craze,the teams ran out this sides section of the holte end awash with bananas,the far end(Evertonians)nothing,bar for an inflatable"lady"perched on a fans shoulderslol

No, Liverpool did not invent them. Let’s face it, they think they’ve invented everything from banners to the colour purple.

@Adam-GOTTV brought this up privately earlier, and we may discuss this come the next podcast. My feeling is that I’d have no problem with it, but short and concise is probably best. Over-long poetry is deffo kopite behaviour.

What’s your thoughts on banners at Goodison? Here's some from the 1984 final.

View attachment 50291

"Graeme doesn't need harp to stay sharp"

Can't believe that was the best someone came up with...

My personal favourite
61F4943C-17C9-4F44-894E-64A16355224F.jpeg

Still distraught that he was involved last season

Not banner related but similar!anyone recall a semi final at villa park?around the the time of the inflatable banana craze,the teams ran out this sides section of the holte end awash with bananas,the far end(Evertonians)nothing,bar for an inflatable"lady"perched on a fans shoulderslol

Didn't city start the inflatable banana thing?

I remember the 'lady' at hillsborough in 77 against villa in 2nd semi replay. Police charged in to confiscate it as they thought it was obscene. Not sure if the lad got it back after the match tho.

No, Liverpool did not invent them. Let’s face it, they think they’ve invented everything from banners to the colour purple.

@Adam-GOTTV brought this up privately earlier, and we may discuss this come the next podcast. My feeling is that I’d have no problem with it, but short and concise is probably best. Over-long poetry is deffo kopite behaviour.

What’s your thoughts on banners at Goodison? Here's some from the 1984 final.

View attachment 50291
Those type are OK,
Its the big 50ft kopite type that are well...kopite
So for that reason
I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.