Banners

Banners at Goodison

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a banner with 'The Royle Air Force' written on it for the Semi-Final in 1995, although we didn't really do much with it at Elland Road.

I was thinking why we no longer do the clapping crescendo thing earlier on? It's quite a difficult thing to describe, but we did it for a couple of years after Royle first came in as manager in 1994. Do you know what I'm going on about?

It was a repeated crescendo of claps that went to the tune of:

One, two,
One two three,
One two three four,
Five nil!

But it was through clapping with no vocalisation. I used to think it was boss tbh, I still do in fact.

I made a banner with 'The Royle Air Force' written on it for the Semi-Final in 1995, although we didn't really do much with it at Elland Road.

I was thinking why we no longer do the clapping crescendo thing earlier on? It's quite a difficult thing to describe, but we did it for a couple of years after Royle first came in as manager in 1994. Do you know what I'm going on about?

It was a repeated crescendo of claps that went to the tune of:

One, two,
One two three,
One two three four,
Five nil!

But it was through clapping with no vocalisation. I used to think it was boss tbh, I still do in fact.
Remember that, my hand/eye co-ordination was all over the place at the end of it thoughlol

If I had a time machine, I'd be off to Royle's first home game like a shot! Then I'd spend the next six years living in the 90's.

54DEDB89-9770-43E6-9AE4-E7BF480BF81F.jpeg

I used to always take a flag when I was younger
Get that flag down i was always told.
I get the feeling it's wool behaviour just now and we as fans are too cool.
My recent favourite
SUPERMAN WEARS TIM CAHILL PYJAMAS.

I don't have a problem with them but the idea that they'll improve the atmosphere is a bit odd. I've never seen anyone cheer a banner.

Some decent comments. Just to clarify, I wouldn't propose banners and flags are held during the match. I just think before kick-off it would really add to the atmosphere especially on the big days. Even if we just went with four or five big ones similar to the Nev one this season but we did five iconic Evertonians - Dixie, Young and Ball drapped from the upper GS and then maybe a couple of smaller ones similar to the 'Baines is one of our own' banner in the lower it would be a start.

I just feel like we've got this old iconic stadium which has absolutely everything and you look at the older stadiums in Europe and they all do the same and it just looks fantastic. As Groucho said at the start, banners and flags are not exclusive to the Reds. They're part of our story too.

Maybe I'm being idealistic and maybe it doesn't fit with our club culturally now, but it's something I'd like to see personally.

I think it's a forced performance from the fans. A lot of blues are just rolling in at the last minute from the pub, with no time to put on an orchestrated, tacky performance.

On special occasions, such as Wembley, I'm all for it, but for normal league games, I don't see the point.

Indeed. It’s embarrassing to see them unfurl the over large banners and then the tannoy sings out ynwa, orchestrated, tick, tacky, tick, embarrassing, only for scousers the ‘package deal’ supporters seem to love it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.