Banners

Banners at Goodison

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Staff member
No, Liverpool did not invent them. Let’s face it, they think they’ve invented everything from banners to the colour purple.

@Adam-GOTTV brought this up privately earlier, and we may discuss this come the next podcast. My feeling is that I’d have no problem with it, but short and concise is probably best. Over-long poetry is deffo kopite behaviour.

What’s your thoughts on banners at Goodison? Here's some from the 1984 final.

1539359578283.jpeg

In the 80s, my friend would always take a flag of some sort to goodison, every time the coppers would take the stick out of it, a rs mate said the coppers didn't mind at the pit. Who would thought Liverpool got special dispensation.

The club banned them (another decision from the so called "Greatest Evertonian"). A few years ago when you tried to bring them stewards ripped them down or confiscated them on the way in. Has it been overturned?

I think it's a forced performance from the fans. A lot of blues are just rolling in at the last minute from the pub, with no time to put on an orchestrated, tacky performance.

On special occasions, such as Wembley, I'm all for it, but for normal league games, I don't see the point.

Ive got one for my mates pub 'the Old Bank Alehouse Aigburth', i only take it to european away games though, wouldnt really be arsed taking it to home games

I think it's a forced performance from the fans. A lot of blues are just rolling in at the last minute from the pub, with no time to put on an orchestrated, tacky performance.

On special occasions, such as Wembley, I'm all for it, but for normal league games, I don't see the point.

I’m never going to get to and from the bar in the oak for a flyer before the game with a banner under my my arm and getting up the stairs in the brick will be a nightmare .

Are - to put it bluntly, especially when they have no idea where their seat is and stand in the way looking gormless - a right, royal pain the backside !!

No, Liverpool did not invent them. Let’s face it, they think they’ve invented everything from banners to the colour purple.

@Adam-GOTTV brought this up privately earlier, and we may discuss this come the next podcast. My feeling is that I’d have no problem with it, but short and concise is probably best. Over-long poetry is deffo kopite behaviour.

What’s your thoughts on banners at Goodison?
Here's some from the 1984 final.

View attachment 50291

The poetry ones are definitely best left for that lot.

I think ours look great when we go on European aways, and display them like the ones in that photo. I can't stand those generic flags that are handed out at certain clubs though for big games.

I’m all for a splash of colour and a bit of Scouse humour to get the atmosphere going.

To dismiss it as Kopite is just allowing them to perpetuate their cult.

I suggest the first one is a large blue Liver bird.
The best I’ve seen is at a derby at Goodison welcoming all the Liverpool fans to the great city of Liverpool
As a Dubliner I can’t really laugh but I did

Status
Not open for further replies.