Baines in midfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle Eye

Player Valuation: £5m
What do people think about putting Baines at left midfield now that Arteta has gone? We are going to rely on his assists even more now and I think we will get more out of Drenthe cutting in from the right. I get the feeling that he will be a similar type of player to Baines and we don't want all of our eggs in one basket down the left (although it has been that way for a while).

Distin could cover left back with jags and heitinga at centre back.

Just a thought to make us less one dimensional.

Would Moyes consider it and would it make us more effective going forward?

I believe Baines has already addressed this by saying you wouldn't get the best out of him there, or that is very different situation of being a Left-Mid and Left-Back.

Could be wrong.

Coleman and baines on the overlap as wingbacks, will bring us an extra man on the attack.
Drenthe as a winger, maybe Anichebe on the other wing.

Drenthe is a left sided player. Having said that I fully expect him to walk out in a goalie's jersey knowing Moyes.

Coleman and baines on the overlap as wingbacks, will bring us an extra man on the attack.
Drenthe as a winger, maybe Anichebe on the other wing.

This, though not sure on Vic yet.
Baines is the best left back in the land right now. Why move him to a role where he has proved he isn't nearly as good?

We tried this before and he wasn't all that great there. Mind you when we tried it he was still finding his feet... still I wouldn't see the point now drenthe's here.

Baines, just like Coleman, is best on the overlap.

In other words he's best as an attacking fullback.

However you could probably put Baines anywhere but CB or in goal and he'd be good, because of his supreme talent.

I wouldn't see the point in putting the player who is in the top three best in the world in his position out of that position.

I say top three, but I'm struggling to name two better left backs than him. I believe he's a better all round player than, say, Maxwell at Barcelona. No other player in our team I would dare compare to a Barcelona player, but I honestly believe Baines would walk into that side in that position.

That said, I don't think he's "world class". I don't think there's been a world class left back since Roberto Carlos.

We've just bought Drenthe who is a winger by trade, and we have Gueye as cover if we use Drenthe on the right. Or Gueye on the right, whatever. There's no need to change either the position of Baines or the way he plays.

Drenthe plays on the left, end of.

I have no doubt that Baines has the skill to play at LM, but he's far better playing off a fast midfielder.
You seem to be very adamant about this mate. I worry about your emotional health if moYLeS ever decides to play him on the right

I wouldn't see the point in putting the player who is in the top three best in the world in his position out of that position.

I say top three, but I'm struggling to name two better left backs than him. I believe he's a better all round player than, say, Maxwell at Barcelona. No other player in our team I would dare compare to a Barcelona player, but I honestly believe Baines would walk into that side in that position.

That said, I don't think he's "world class". I don't think there's been a world class left back since Roberto Carlos.

We've just bought Drenthe who is a winger by trade, and we have Gueye as cover if we use Drenthe on the right. Or Gueye on the right, whatever. There's no need to change either the position of Baines or the way he plays.
Absolutely agree. I honestly think Baines is one of the few players who could actually strengthen Barça

he is a fullback end of, unreal how people think, if moyes played him there people would moan he is playing someone else out of position. I wonder if people actually understand anything about playing the game sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.