• Top 6

• 7-12th

• 13-17th

• Bottom three

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most votes for 7-12th and 13-17th.

Yet to see anyone name teams with a better back 6 on paper...

The best back 6's of City, Arsenal, Newcastle and Chelsea all look far superior on paper.

Beyond those 4 though...not sure how people are confidently putting 9+ others as looking superior.
Mad that you think a team in 17th has the 5th best Defence in the league really.

Do you snort glue or just main vein it these days?

Pickford - top quality
Patterson - Too early
Tarkowski - Dependable, would start for most teams who don't regularly get Europe
Branthwaite - Having a great season for PSV, no guarantee he comes back here and thrives though
Mykolenko - Not as bad as people make out, but at present it's hard to see him ever playing for a team who say pushes for Europe
Onana - His numbers have been very good, even in a terrible season for the club, other than Pickford, he's the only player I could see playing in the Champions League, but not for a few years

Good points.
I'd personally sell Onana to whoever for as much and as early as possible (don't think we need to sell before financial year end this time because of Gordon sale and reduction in wages from some of the dross we let go in the summer), buy another athletic DM from France/Belgium, that Danish forward kid from Italy and see the rest disappear in the FFP nightmare sinkhole we are in.
If we sold Onana then I'd hope it would be as part of a mass exodus enabling us to have a rebuild.
I think it is good to think positive about this group, and on paper it is very good.

I am only concerned that coaches tend to think playing 2-3 young players in a back 6 is too risky, and I wish we would take a chance. Good coaching, tactics and team building should make this an excellent back 6, because Pickford & Tarkowski are senior players, and Onana is a leader. If you imagine Godfrey, Coady and Coleman as back ups, that's ok actually. We need 2 younger full backs coming through to either challenge or back up Mykolenko and Patterson.
100% agree with this.

You would hope that if Dyche is so confident about his abilities and hes proven in the past he can setup a defence well...then he'd go for it.

Pickford + Tarkowski + Onana as the leaders through the spine.

A season with those 6 fit and Im confident its a strong platform.
If we're comparing our back 6 to higher level teams, you're deluding yourselves if you think Onana and Tarkowski get into any top side. Both are absolutely turgid on the ball.

Tarkowski has probably been our best player this season.

Theres a reason why Onana is playing very well for Belgium and is being rated at £70mil+.

Mad that you think a team in 17th has the 5th best Defence in the league really.

Do you snort glue or just main vein it these days?

Youre falling into the trap here of confusing the back 6 ive named and both the overall team and the back 6 weve been using.

If you look only at those 6 in isolation on paper...and compare with other teams back 6s on paper you'll see that ours looks very strong.

Of course it would still leak goals if theres no threat up top and the other 5 players were dross as teams would be fearless against the team.

But theres not many other teams with a better back 6 on paper...i bet you cant name 6 that look far superior.

Youre falling into the trap here of confusing the back 6 ive named and both the overall team and the back 6 weve been using.

If you look only at those 6 in isolation on paper...and compare with other teams back 6s on paper you'll see that ours looks very strong.

Of course it would still leak goals if theres no threat up top and the other 5 players were dross as teams would be fearless against the team.

But theres not many other teams with a better back 6 on paper...i bet you cant name 6 that look far superior.
Pickford - Englands number 1, pretty decent, not sure hes pushing any players in the top 5 for a spot, but other than that, would get in most teams in the League.
Patterson - Decent defender, young so makes mistakes, bit injury prone, possibly might get games for some teams in the top 10, not many, terrible going forward, so pretty meh.
Tarks - Decent defender, would be a pretty able back up for most teams.
Branflakes - Scored own goals, set up goals for the other team and got sent off last time he was in England, very promising young defender, but not even close to a proven talent.
Myko - Would struggle for games in the Wirral Sunday League, appalling player.
Onana - A young player with very high potential, who has seen most games so far this season sail very high over his head.

What am I missing here Zat?

I get it, you rate Branflakes and Onana very highly and theres a chance that both will grow into very decent players, in the future. But the rest arent THAT good im afraid Zat, they arent bad, but as a unit, they are probably lower half level, currently.

Pickford - Englands number 1, pretty decent, not sure hes pushing any players in the top 5 for a spot, but other than that, would get in most teams in the League.
Patterson - Decent defender, young so makes mistakes, bit injury prone, possibly might get games for some teams in the top 10, not many, terrible going forward, so pretty meh.
Tarks - Decent defender, would be a pretty able back up for most teams.
Branflakes - Scored own goals, set up goals for the other team and got sent off last time he was in England, very promising young defender, but not even close to a proven talent.
Myko - Would struggle for games in the Wirral Sunday League, appalling player.
Onana - A young player with very high potential, who has seen most games so far this season sail very high over his head.

I get it, you rate Branflakes and Onana very highly and theres a chance that both will grow into very decent players, in the future. But the rest arent THAT good im afraid Zat, they arent bad, but as a unit, they are probably lower half level, currently.

Interesting views...what I'd say is now take a look at:

Brighton, Brentford, Wolves, Spurs, Fulham, West Ham, Forest, Bournemouth, Leicester, Leeds, Palace, Southampton, Liverpool, Villa.

Theres 14 teams listed there...take a look at their back 6s. On paper Id argue that the 6 I listed as a group look better than most, if not all of them.

The oppositon arent as good on paper as alot of posters believe.

Interesting views...what I'd say is now take a look at:

Brighton, Brentford, Wolves, Spurs, Fulham, West Ham, Forest, Bournemouth, Leicester, Leeds, Palace, Southampton, Liverpool, Villa.

Theres 14 teams listed there...take a look at their back 6s. On paper Id argue that the 6 I listed as a group look better than most, if not all of them.

The oppositon arent as good on paper as alot of posters believe.
Thats cos football isnt played on paper Zat, if it was betting on football would be EASY.

For me we need new fullbacks, Coleman has come into the side and showed the difference in quality between him, Patterson and Myko and hes nearly 50.

The CBs and the Keeper are good enough for what we should be doing.

Thats cos football isnt played on paper Zat, if it was betting on football would be EASY.

For me we need new fullbacks, Coleman has come into the side and showed the difference in quality between him, Patterson and Myko and hes nearly 50.

The CBs and the Keeper are good enough for what we should be doing.

Youre exactly right about "football isnt played on paper".

But, when were looking at transfers or teams to put out arent we doing that on paper also ?

I just thought it was very interesting to see how we looked on paper in comparison with the others.

Would you at least agree that Pickford, Branthwaite, Tarkoswki and Onana would be a strong group on paper?

Everyone has a different view on the full backs. Patterson is young but cant get on the pitch for us.

Left back Dyche doesnt seem confident on either.

Status
Not open for further replies.