How good on paper is our back 6 ?

• Top 6

• 7-12th

• 13-17th

• Bottom three

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We barely escaped relegation last year and are struggling to do so again this year.

Our current back 4 is bottom 3 standard for sure.
It's not great due to the lack of pace I would agree but I think our back line gets exposed a lot due to the waywardness of those playing in midfield, our midfield is not great imo. Bringing Keane back is not a good thing either as we just concede for fun with him.

Branthwaite has a lot to prove yet still before he takes Keanes place at the back.

Lets not forget that Mudryk was touted as a £100 millions star when playing in a similar standard of league/team to where Branthwaite is currently plying his trade and he looks gash in the PL.

We also need a first choice LB as well. Arguably a first choice RB if Patterson cannot keep fit.

Mykolenko is one the worst full backs in the league so forget about him.

Patterson, Branthwaite and Onana have potential but it's asking a lot for all 3 to step up. Branthwaite especially as centre half is the hardest place in the league for a young player to come into to.

If we started a Premier League season with that back 5, I would go with it being another long slog in the lower reaches of the table but with a chance that'd do their development some good.

Mykolenko and Patterson struggle to get into a bottom half largely crap defence. We need to replace the full-backs that are currently keeping Mykolenko and Patterson out of the side. Mykolenko and Patterson are not the future, they’re bloody awful!

4/5 of them have been in the bottom 6 two seasons running, I don’t see Branthwaite making that much of a difference. They are not a bottom 6 defence if we had a striker who could score, they also aren’t even close to a top 6 one either. Maybe anywhere between 8-12.
Who are the 4/5?

I think if our midfield/forwards were more of a threat as @Simon Buttle said. Less pressure to sit back and invite teams on.

Onana is getting sold anyway - whether its this summer or the one after.

Not necessarily. I think it depends on the revenue inflows from the stadium sponsorships.

If Branthwaite can hit replicate his PSV performances and we inject quality in attack there may be a big swing next season.

I wouldn’t mind a more attacking LB option.

Snag is that we'd either need to sell Godfrey or Mykolenko for a decent fee and/or our funds would be best served on forwards.

i like having a pure defender there for balance in this setup.
Branthwaite has a lot to prove yet still before he takes Keanes place at the back.

Lets not forget that Mudryk was touted as a £100 millions star when playing in a similar standard of league/team to where Branthwaite is currently plying his trade and he looks gash in the PL.

We also need a first choice LB as well. Arguably a first choice RB if Patterson cannot keep fit.
Keane is an oaf.
Not sure how Mudryk and Branthwaite are comparable? Or the Ukrainian and Dutch leagues?

He didnt look "gash" in the premier league at all.

Zat’s voted top 6 lol lol lol lol

Which teams back 6's would you say are superior on paper?

Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Newcastle and who else...United with Casemiro and who else?

Which teams back 6's would you say are superior on paper?

Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Newcastle and who else...United with Casemiro and who else?
These
IMG_2093.jpeg

We barely escaped relegation last year and are struggling to do so again this year.

Our current back 4 is bottom 3 standard for sure.
7th most conceded goals so far so voted 13th -17th. Inclusion of Branthwaite helps but I dont think its enough to push us into the above banding.

You also need to include the caveat that we are cursed so injuries are going to hit these players. We need solid backups as well as starters.

Not sure about retirements and transfer rumours but I list the below as back ups (feel free to challenge as admittedly not certain on who will be here next season)

Begovic
Coleman Keane Holgate Godfrey
Davies?

Thats the entire team performance.

Teams pressing as units and also having a goal threat (which we dont have).

Once you remove the team and focus solely on the back 6's of these teams which are actually better on paper than the 6 I named on our side?

Only Pickford and maybe Onana would get anywhere near the matchday squad of a top 6 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.